DANCING WITH VCs - dark liquid roller

Sounds quite generic tbh, not very much dark about it... Synths are a bit brassy at the top end & the low to high frequencies don't compliment each other in the mix... It lacks alot of that classical warmth of liquid tunes, that could be overlooked if it contained the dark element you spoke of, unfortunately i find it lacking in alot of areas.

Sorry bro. :(

Last edited:
@maschinistom sorry for some reason I couldn't respond to your PM...

In answer to a part of your question/statement, I'm making an effort to give honest feedback across the board in production over the coming weeks (be it positive or negative), its an area I have a lot of interest in & have neglected for some time...

There is nothing there that isn't constructive & is honest without being rude, so please don't think I am "shooting down" your tune or whatever it was you put.

Christ, I even said "sorry bro" at the end... Just take it with a pinch of sugar, its all opinion at the end of the day, you may have been looking to achieve that sound & the next person might thoroughly enjoy it! :2thumbs:

In my experience, the people who give you honest critique, even at the expense of upsetting you, or being negative about your productions (or elements of it), are the ones that will drive you forward to achieve... If everybody just goes from tune to tune like they do on the whole here, saying "yeah cool, really liked that" etc etc... Nobody is actually developing or learning anything!

I hope you can see my point...

@maschinistom sorry for some reason I couldn't respond to your PM...

In answer to a part of your question/statement, I'm making an effort to give honest feedback across the board in production over the coming weeks (be it positive or negative), its an area I have a lot of interest in & have neglected for some time...

There is nothing there that isn't constructive & is honest without being rude, so please don't think I am "shooting down" your tune or whatever it was you put.

Christ, I even said "sorry bro" at the end... Just take it with a pinch of sugar, its all opinion at the end of the day, you may have been looking to achieve that sound & the next person might thoroughly enjoy it! :2thumbs:

In my experience, the people who give you honest critique, even at the expense of upsetting you, or being negative about your productions (or elements of it), are the ones that will drive you forward to achieve... If everybody just goes from tune to tune like they do on the whole here, saying "yeah cool, really liked that" etc etc... Nobody is actually developing or learning anything!

I hope you can see my point...

Really? You couldn't reply to PM?
Given what happened last week your track review seems not real, you must admit. I know the track is far from good but your feedback is totally different than to what I received on other platforms for this track.

I think you're overthinking it...

It would be easy for myself to sit here & just pick out what I like about a tune, then pick out a couple of negatives under the guise of "personal taste"... That's what happens here all the time, its constant, it isn't healthy for anybody & that's not what I'm about, like I said I will be honest...

How boring & non-productive would it be if everybody gave the same feedback across "all platforms", even if they don't feel that way about it... It appears to me people have taken etiquette over common sense!

& what this etiquette is essentially, is lying to make somebody feel better about themselves.

Its cool man, by all means bypass my feedback as "one of those guys", but I guarantee it will be the most honest feedback you receive from a constructive point of view.

I think you're overthinking it...

It would be easy for myself to sit here & just pick out what I like about a tune, then pick out a couple of negatives under the guise of "personal taste"... That's what happens here all the time, its constant, it isn't healthy for anybody & that's not what I'm about, like I said I will be honest...

How boring & non-productive would it be if everybody gave the same feedback across "all platforms", even if they don't feel that way about it... It appears to me people have taken etiquette over common sense!

& what this etiquette is essentially, is lying to make somebody feel better about themselves.

Its cool man, by all means bypass my feedback as "one of those guys", but I guarantee it will be the most honest feedback you receive from a constructive point of view.

Definitely all feedback is welcome indeed. However, u know why i doubt in yours, see last week. Another reason: u haven't spotted any real troubled areas of the track which various pro producers did feedback to me, for example:
1) snare/hats: volume and high freq.
2) kick: volume and tune/key
3) master: high freq. need adjustment
4) vocals: scoop around 500hz
Just a few of the many ...
Of course your personal opinion is welcome, just wonder why u feedback to my tracks now as u never did in the past 6 months here.

After listening back again, I think you could add the "dark" element this appears to be missing by adding a "swing" to the drum pattern as it were, almost to give it that "off beat" sound, maybe counter-balance it with an adjustment in the placement of a synth to create that "back & forth" motion in the phrasing...

The drop/drum patter/phrasing/atmospherics of this is a good example:

After listening back again, I think you could add the "dark" element this appears to be missing by adding a "swing" to the drum pattern as it were, almost to give it that "off beat" sound, maybe counter-balance it with an adjustment in the placement of a synth to create that "back & forth" motion in the phrasing...

The drop/drum patter/phrasing/atmospherics of this is a good example:

Excellent piece of dnb by mob tactics! Imo, quite different genre to my music. Of course, totally different level of production, especially in drums. Maybe "dark" means something different to everyone ...

Back
Top Bottom