DnB Dan J - A-Hole (feat William S. Burroughs) feedback please

Love the jazzy piano and trumpet you have there! I'd put some chords in the intro too , just to make an intro in the 'jazz mood'. IMO the some of the little hihat samples are panned a little to far, i'd keep them more centered. And It's best to keep the bassline centered aswel :)

Thanks Mentor. Funnily enough I could not get the steppy bass bit to cut through the mix and I was tearing my hair out. I ended up duplicating the channel twice, hard panned one left, one right and kept one bang centre and it sounded so much better so I hard panned left and right all the bass bits... lol I thought the overall effect would be central, and that's how it sounded to me but obviously not as you picked up on it :teeth:

hello dan. interesting track, lots of good drums work, and the sub is superb.
I suggest to bring the piano and trumpet instruments a bit closer, sound too far away for me.
maybe changed distance within parts of the track would create some interesting movement?
I agree, the drums should be more central as they always should be (max impact).
but for this kind of music I think you could keep them a bit panned, enhances the relaxed atmo ..
just some thoughts ... good track! :2thumbs:

no worries dan, i also often like a good pan in my drums or overall mix, and often it sounds great when with headphones.
in the end, it depends what kind of track u r on to ... these days i tend to keep drums central, mostly sounds better than panned ..

Back
Top Bottom