[DAM] - The BMW Vision Efficientdynamics Concept

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by BeyondTherapy, Sep 2, 2009.

1. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

The BMW Vision Efficientdynamics Concept

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

Ahead of the Frankfurt Motor Show starting 14 September, BMW has released the Vision EfficientDynamics Concept. This concept powered by a fuel-efficient 3-cylinder turbodiesel plug-in full-hybrid with one electric motor on each axle. It provides a top speed limited electronically to 155mph with acceleration 0-100 km/h(62mph) in 4.8 seconds. Average fuel consumption is 3.76 liters/100 kilometers.
    Technology:
    Offering a full-hybrid concept, the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics concept car is powered by a three-cylinder turbodiesel and two electric motors. Overall system output is 262 kW/356 hp, maximum torque 800 Newton-metres/590 lb-ft. All-wheel drive featuring an electric motor on both the front and rear axle.
    • Anticipated performance: Acceleration from a standstill to 100 km/h in 4.8 seconds, top speed 250 km/h (155 mph) (electronically limited) , fuel consumption in the EU test cycle 3.76 litres/100 km (equal to 75.1 mph imp), CO2 emissions 99 grams/kilometre.
    • As a plug-in hybrid, BMW Vision EfficientDynamics is able to cover the entire fuel consumption drive cycle under electric power alone. Taking the sources of energy used for generating the electric power consumed into account (EU electricity mix), this reduces the CO2 emission rating to just 50 grams per kilometre.
    • Electric power is generated without the slightest increase in fuel consumption through a particularly efficient concept of Brake Energy Regeneration. Energy is stored in 98 lithium polymer cells. The car is able to cover a distance of approximately 50 km/31 miles in the electric mode alone.
    • Aerodynamics developed with know-how from Formula 1. CX drag coefficient optimised to just 0.22. Forward-looking energy management uses the maximum potential available in each case to minimise fuel consumption.

Design:

• Technology-oriented body design as a clear expression of consistent lightweight technology and aerodynamic quality. Design language typical of the brand, setting clear signals in terms of sporting performance and optimum efficiency.
    • The 2+2-seater concept combines dynamic performance and supreme efficiency with an enhanced level of all-round function. BMW Vision EfficientDynamics symbolises BMW��s commitment to offer an unprecedented driving experience for up to four occupants.
    • BMW Vision EfficientDynamics comes with gullwing doors opening up to the side. Innovative, weight-optimised door kinematics makes entering the car at both front and rear convenient and very easy.
    • The interior of this unique 2+2-seater intentionally demonstrates the very latest in modern technology. At the same time the use of natural materials underlines BMW��s strategy of sustainability borne out through this concept car.
    • The roof and door inserts made of polycarbonate glass automatically become darker as a function of incoming light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLGygbCr3sg

3. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

interesting but it looks a bit much.

engine could be better I think, hybrids aren't great. Why don't they just make a car that is normal looking and done well nowadays?

4. ZackMRG

ZackMRG Circles are Pointless

Thats not the point of a concept though is it?

As obvious as it it sounds, a concept is just an idea- something to think about for the future, the reason they build em is to prove that it could be done if they really wanted to, but the majority of em stay as one off's and never get built to the masses.

Which is always a shame because they always look amazingly sick.

Some serious 'I Robot' shit.

5. RevTech

true true

I just think hybrids are a waste. Why not make the gas engine better?

That thought is in my mind because my dad (don't be laughing I know you all haha) made a modification to the engine and it makes existing gas or diseal engines much much better and with no emissions, he says you could breathe what comes out of the exhaust.

So every time I see a hybrid, I think "what a waste, in a year or so, we won't need all that eco friendly hybrid stuff"

6. RevTech

true true

I just think hybrids are a waste. Why not make the gas engine better?

That thought is in my mind because my dad (don't be laughing I know you all haha) made a modification to the engine and it makes existing gas or diseal engines much much better and with no emissions, he says you could breathe what comes out of the exhaust.

So every time I see a hybrid, I think "what a waste, in a year or so, we won't need all that eco friendly hybrid stuff"