DnB DaftFader - Time Out (Old Unfinished Tune)

Wow love the energy of this! Nice intro. the bass is phat and funky. I'm not into the vocals much, I think they are a bit to loud too. Perhaps a melodic breakdown would work as contrast to the raw energy of the main section!?

hmm, yeah I'm like the melodic breakdown idea. I was gonna put a break down in it originally of some kind, but kinda forgot about the tune altogether.

I know what you mean about the vocals, but the tune really doesn't sound right without them, and I started the tune around the vocals as well, so not sure it would work with different ones. I might keep the "cuummoooon" bit and mby swap the "need some time out" with other vocals, or mby just process them a little to make them not sound so in your face and harsh, although it was the kinda sound I was going for, I think I way over did it and need to make them a bit more shiny. I think where I've had to time stretch them so much to fit it's kinda made them sound a bit manky too lol.

Thanks for the input, mental note made. :)

Turn the vocals down. I also think you need to fatten up your stabs just a tweed bit. Possibly a bit of reverb or chores.

Yeah the bass deffo needs phattening up, I don't think I did any kinda widening effects on anything in that tune other then the expander in massive. I always post process my baselines now, I didn't back then. Ta for the input.

Back
Top Bottom