Dabs + mc kwality - stentah / dabs , hlz + nfm - half truth [HZN076]

neilmonteiro

hzn076_303.jpg

Buy vinyl - http://bit.ly/HZNSTENTAH12

Buy mp3/wav - http://bit.ly/HZNDIGITAL

A. Stentah 

Since proving a fine collaborative duo in their last Horizons Music release, Dabs and MC Kwality return with a doubly as powerful effort. Stentah is ruthless to say the least, Kwality’s aggressive, yet controlled delivery is complemented by Dab’s huge, kick drum driven groove. Junglistic at its core and massively original. 

B. Half Truth 

Smooth yet edgy, ethereal yet raw, Half Truth is one of those tunes that combines all the elements. A repeating piano sample delivers a constant harmony whilst the faultless beat cuts a passage through the ambience. A throbbing sub provides a resonant, yet tamed bassline that seamlessly pulses underneath the ample body of sonic elements.

Was on the fence about this one cuz I am in love with Half Truth and in like with Stentah, but the artwork is so lame. Ordered it anyway.

Neil, HLZ, NFM and Dabs are all laughing all the way to the bank with my 9 quid. Thanks for the great music.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Was on the fence about this one cuz I am in love with Half Truth and in like with Stentah, but the artwork is so lame. Ordered it anyway.

Neil, HLZ, NFM and Dabs are all laughing all the way to the bank with my 9 quid. Thanks for the great music.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
does the artwork effect what you buy? all about the music innit?

does the artwork effect what you buy? all about the music innit?

Buying vinyl is a decent bit (a lot) about the artwork for me, an important part of a release for me is the aesthetic. I really like good art , and I feel like great releases are complete if the artwork is choice, too. You know?

Mostly it is about the music though, which is why I bagged this beaut !

I see what you mean though, who would skip out on a killer release 'cause the artwork is subpar?

Also just for the record Horizons is one of my favorite labels (artwork included). Respecc Neil

Last edited:
I, for one, think that the artwork is great. It was the first thing that caught my attention here really. I was then pleasantly surprised by Half Truth as I've heard Stentah before and liked it, but didn't expect such a beauty of a tune on the flip...well that ought to teach me to never underestimate Dabs, HLZ & Need For Mirrors collab.

Back
Top Bottom