D & R?

waxwizzard

I'm new to this forum and pretty new to the drum and bass genre. Believe it or not I got here from going to a lotta reggae and dancehall clubs. Apparently drum and bass was heavily influenced by ragga, which is just reggae with electronic instrumentals. Ragga was an enormous influence on the creation of d&b. Just as reggae became a slowed down version of the rhythmically revolutionary ska music, drum and bass with its heavy reggae influence, became the most rhythmically complex of all forms of techno. As even the name implies, jungle has a more obvious reggae, dub and ska influence than most techno. So as a reggae fan and an eager listener, are there any drum n bass artists, or websites that I should check out?
Also if you guys are into reggae...who do you like?

Not too big a fan of reggae believe it or not, but one tune that I do like that I guess can be classified as "reggae" is "Hope" by Fat Freddy's Drop.

I'd recommend Digital, Spirit and others people will name I'm sure.
They use big rumbling basslines, proper drums, ragga snippets, but no cack ragga MC chatter

Also Calibre, for a very nice change of vibe.

I like buying the Studio One CDs for reggae and roots stuff.

Don't forget the Ragga Jungle sound of DJK, Capital J, and the N2O family. Hit the banner at the top of the pages for the Ragga Jungle store, they got plenty in stock.

Back
Top Bottom