D-Jhep - My Vendetta (minimal dnb/half time WIP)

Really nice space in the mix, sounds lovely. Would've liked to hear a few more notations on the bassline instead of the one note drone, but apart from that this is smooth

you mean the low end bass? yeah i took that into consideration but i was think it would ruin the integrity of the tune, i tried adding different pads in and stuff to compensate but thanks for listening man :)

Great atmosphere throughout, definitely done well at capturing the right vibe. Instead of changing the notation of the bassline, how about giving it a bit more movement or changing it's structure throughout - that way you'll be able to keep things interesting without ruining the integrity of the one note bassline. Don't get me wrong, I love 1 note basslines, but I think if you want to pull it off properly you need to pay more attention to its placement and movement, instead of the same bassline repeating the whole way through a tune. Apart from that i'm loving the percussion & little breaks, nice work :)

Great atmosphere throughout, definitely done well at capturing the right vibe. Instead of changing the notation of the bassline, how about giving it a bit more movement or changing it's structure throughout - that way you'll be able to keep things interesting without ruining the integrity of the one note bassline. Don't get me wrong, I love 1 note basslines, but I think if you want to pull it off properly you need to pay more attention to its placement and movement, instead of the same bassline repeating the whole way through a tune. Apart from that i'm loving the percussion & little breaks, nice work :)

movement i can work with... by structure do you mean do back to the synth and make a couple different copies of the sound and play round with those?

Love what you're doing here. I think you could use the vocal quote thing better, sounds a bit 'slapped on top'. That hat line that starts after the vocal breaks up the vibe a bit imo. The mid range stabby bits could be better perhaps. Personality-wise. The intro reminded me of Massive Attack btw.

Love what you're doing here. I think you could use the vocal quote thing better, sounds a bit 'slapped on top'. That hat line that starts after the vocal breaks up the vibe a bit imo. The mid range stabby bits could be better perhaps. Personality-wise. The intro reminded me of Massive Attack btw.

yeah man i agree i was far too eager in showing people this and the more i listen i can hear what parts need work it get on it over the next week and put up a completely version soon.. thanks for the feedback..

i like this. got a ruffhouse vibe to it. that verby snare is eerie as fuck. soem wicked little bass wobbles in there too. good effort!

I prefer the second version more, but be careful of overdoing it. Sometimes you can get so drowned in a track for weeks and you end up tweaking it too much, move on soon imo to your next :)

Back
Top Bottom