D.E.D - Stomp Pit [Fat Badger #12 ]

D.E.D

Greeting everyone. This is my first mix I've posted here so I hope you like it ;o)
It's one of the mixes I've done for the Fat Badger Podcast.
Listen, Like & Subscribe if enjoy it!

I've submitted this mix for the mix of the month comp, so if you enjoyed it maybe give me a vote! ;)

High Water Mark - Cyantific
Whip Slap - Dimension
Troglodyte – Culture Shock
Jet Black – Dimension
Cool It Judy VIP - Taxman
Suicide Bassline – Mefjus
Gold Dust – DJ Fresh
Until the World Ends – Black Sun Empire & State of Mind ft. PNC
Backburner – Trei
Pale Blue Dot – The Prototypes
Pacman – Ed Rush & Optical (The Upbeats RMX)
Twerk – Bassment Jaxx ft. Yo Majesty (Sub Focus RMX)
Asteroids - Noisia & Prolix
Warrior Dub – S.P.Y
Unconscious – Black Sun Empire & State of Mind
Heavy Bettie - Neonlight
Jack Nicolson – Black Sun Empire
Want My Love - Metrik & Elizabeth Troy
Blacker VIP - D*Minds & Strikez
Here & Now - Trei
Foodchain - Audio
Weapon of Choice – Optiv & BTK
Magic Medicine - Nerve
Reload – Seismix
Metamorphosis – InsideInfo ft. Miss Trouble
Put It On – Nymfo & State of Mind
The Rat – Black Sun Empire
Killa Bees – Usual Suspects (Inside Info RMX)
Anxious - Icicle
Cannonball – Noisia & Phace
Crawler – Donny
Screamers – Original Sin
One Step – The Upbeats
Love to Me – Dimension
Masquerade – Trei
Overture – Mind Vortex
Cybertron – Muffler (Audio RMX)

Last edited:
How was this mixed btw? Sounds like it was done in a DAW maybs? Not like that matters im just curious.

Various things really; the levels are quite limited, i think you looped stuff, tracks appear out of nowhere so must be sync'd etc.

I did like a lot of your blends but it definitely felt really 'manufactured' so to speak, a bit too robotic without much soul. Maybe try and work on bringing things in and out more smoothly to give it more feel and less 'mini-mix' style over a whole hour.

All my opinions tho so feel free to take it or leave it (y)

Thanks for listening and your feedback.
It's funny you've picked up these things as this is my first proper attempt at a big club style 4 deck mix. I'll bear your comments in mind next time I do one.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the actual track combinations. I always work hard on the flow of a mix, its pacing & tone. Some mixes can be just track after track but they don't really have to same feel, they just sound similar enough to mix. Often it can be jarring to have a dark growler mixed into a chill track, just because they fit, for example.

It's a shame to hear you don't think it had any soul as I put a lot of my experiences from raving into it. I really like how some of the drops come from no where as then you can have a 'oh f*ck' moment on the floor!

I do normally play a smoother style with longer mixes. Perhaps you would prefer this:

or my latest mix:

Once again, thanks for listening. I hope you will continue to! ;)

Has anyone else listened to this found the same thing? So far comments on SC have been positive... I'm keen to get more feedback. Thanks!

Last edited:
Ah sorry man maybe that came across a little deep, you deffo have skills on the track selection side of things for sure. Check the first 10mins of my Dub Optic NYE set if you get a chance, might give you some ideas as to what I mean with regards to mixing tekkers.

enjoyed this mix mate, nice heavy track selection and liked the way you kept switching it up(sorry for late response but been on holiday, typing this on my iPhone with some shitty wifi now haha)

Have to agree it did seem like a mini mix at some points just the way you was putting tunes in but everyone has different styles!

My favourite bit had to be from the start to suicide bassline, great selection, big up man!

just finished listening to this, already knew from the tracklist that this would be great and it didnt disappoint. big ups!

Thank you both for listening and feeding back. I'm very pleased you enjoyed it!
I'm still happy with the track list some absolute bangers in there.
I think the early part of the mix is one of my fav parts too, up to Warrior Dub. I also love the run from Reload to Crawler. Put It On into The Rat still gets me.
A cheeky reminder that this is in for mix of the month so maybe give me vote ;)
Cheers!

yeah i really enjoyed the opening of this mix, good job!

my fav part was:

Suicide Bassline – Mefjus
Gold Dust – DJ Fresh
Until the World Ends – Black Sun Empire & State of Mind ft. PNC
Backburner – Trei
Pale Blue Dot – The Prototypes
Pacman – Ed Rush & Optical (The Upbeats RMX)
Twerk – Bassment Jaxx ft. Yo Majesty (Sub Focus RMX)
Asteroids - Noisia & Prolix
Warrior Dub – S.P.Y

I really enjoyed it .... I liked the way ... You make the next song compliment the song before and after it

Thanks I spent a long time chosing the tracks and the flow, making sure they created either an energy burst or brought you back down again for a breather. I'm glad you enjoyed it mate!

Thanks Teddy and thank you to those that voted for me, I'm so pleased (and a bit in disbelief)!
Big ups to @HAB for an excellent mix - Rainy City Nights. If you've not heard it yet, go check it out!

Back
Top Bottom