D.E.D - March 2016 [Fat Badger #26]

D.E.D

Ez guys - Here's my latest creation - a pretty hectic jump up party mix.
I've been experimenting with different blending ideas some of them are in this mix, namely dropping the new track with the original bassline still playing, then switching later so you get two drops. Also staggering double drops by 1 phrase so you get 2 drops. In combination throughout the mix I think it's pretty exciting. Its mostly pretty new tracks with a few oldies in there too. Anyway enjoy, let me know what you think.

0pSN

https://www.mixcloud.com/stats/fatbadgerpodcast/ded-march-2016-fat-badger-26/

Tracklist:
Mind Vortex - Future Fold [RAM]
>>Mob Tactics - Get Dirty [Viper]
Calyx, TeeBee - Sawn Off [RAM]
Dimension - Crowd Reaction [CYN Music]
>>S.P.Y - Pressure Drop [Shogun]
Culture Shock - Steam Machine [RAM]
Tantrum Desire ft. Laura Bayston - Underground [Technique]
Ram Trilogy - Milky Way [RAM]
Cyantific - OUTATIME [Viper]
Brookes Brothers - Tear You Down [Breakbeat Kaos]
>>Technimatic - Perseverance (VIP) [Hospital]
Culture Shock - Piano Dark [RAM]
Tantrum Desire, Matrix & Futurebound - Shadows [Technique]
Moving Fusion - Turbulence [RAM]
Metrik - Drift
[Viper]
Dimension - Panzer [MTA]
Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Outlaw Renegade [Technique]
>>Insomniax - Uridium [Viper]

Hi mate - are you asking if these are really classed as jump up tracks? If so, I guess the best answer is - to me they are.
I have a quite a wide use of the term jump up as to me its anything that make you wanna jump up and dance.
There's liquid and techy rollers in there etc. I accept not everyone has the same use of terms and may not agree. . Anyway, hope you enjoy it - we all had a good time dancing this weekend!! ;)

PS I forgot the Souncloud link for those that prefer that...we're just pushing harder on Mixcloud at the mo.

Finished this one on the ride to work this morning. These are what we call floor bangers but you can call it whatever you want as long as you keep mixing like that DED ha ha! Great mix mang...this isn't my cup but i really enjoyed this one. Woke me right up for work. Love the versatility you are showing with your mixes for the podcast. Till the next one back to the top.

Thanks for listening mate. I'm glad you enjoyed the floor bangers - esp. as it wasn't your normal listening style.
Thanks to everyone else that listened too and helped push it to no.1 in the jump up chart on Mixcloud last week. I was over the moon!

Cheers for noticing that I'm always playing a new style - as you say to keep the podcast versatile. I am considering focusing on one style so I can start to become know for that sound, but the idea of not playing other ones doesn't feel right to me as I love everything!!
Anyway if I work out a core sound I can build around you might see the completely different styles start to fade away from my mixes. I need to consider if that's a good thing or not...
Now we have guests each month I think the versatility will remain if I do specialize. Speaking of which the next guest mix is nearly ready so keep a look out ;)

Back
Top Bottom