D-Bridge

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Time Dependant, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

I've always beena fan of Bad Company right from the start & like any super group each member is destined for their own solo career at some point. First we had Fresh with his trademark dancefloor bass & instantly recognisable melodies & intros even if some of them were a little obscure at times (remember the first time you heard Floodlight).
    Now the time has come to showcase the talents of D-Bridge & I wanted to know what you guys thought of his latest productions. I personally think their the work of a musical genius & have had alot of time spent on crafting the right mood so you can feel alot of emotion & expression from what D-Bridge is trying to do. Stand out track so far is the collab with Artificial Intelligence called Better Days.

What you saying peeps?

2. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

he doesnt ultimately stand out to me, however definately agreed on "better days" tho.

3. checkmabadself

checkmabadself A gift from punjab

Love everything he touches, really powerfull but melodic sound.

4. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

When Bad Company included Fresh, Fresh's sound was so dominant, it was unbelievable. True, he helped to create the BC sound and carved many anthems, but since his departure I think that BC has progressed so much further creatively, because Fresh pigeon-holed them, and the main reason I think is because of D-Bridge's creative scope and open-mindedness towards music. D-Bridge is the true mind in that outfit, and rightly so. Most of D-Bridge's solo releases have been outstanding, all of his Exit release are superb, China Blue another great track, his colabs with Concord Dawn, the excellent Soldiers remix, and now Better Days. Each track has a unique mood and feeling, yet retain the now trademarked D-Bridge sound. I am really impressed with the progress and the mark left by his music, and the tracks that I'm in the process of creating are, and will remain to be heavily influenced by the D-Bridge mode of thought. Big up.

5. DJFlexie

DJFlexie Jungletrainer

putting such a deep emotion into production is not easy...

alot of skill goes into their stuff and it stands out for me too

6. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

i agee entirely there sayber!

I really think that D.Bridge is comin aound, although some of his production is a bit minimal at times. The minimal nature of his work is great for layering and building "sets", as opposed to just slammin out the dancefloor anthems. This draws some people away from his work, but not me.

I would have to say the China Blue / Tru to The Craft single on Liquid V is probably my personal fav right now, but i have been known to also play the Outside World on exit as well as any of D.Bridges collaborations, like his work with Break, Fierce, and Concord Dawn.

I have a feelin that things are only heatin up for D.Bridge. I would also like to see a colloboration between D.Bridge, Vegas, and Maldini in the future as well. (just an aside but boo-urns to fresh i really ain't feelin any of his work since his tunes with vegas on metro and breakbeat culture. Bad Company tunes notwithstanding, of course)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  7. GreenBoy

GreenBoy Active Member

d-bridge? D-Bridge? (i think he should be spelled in capital letters) well, i don't know if my vocabulary is big enough to express my emotions towards how good, brilliant and absolutely fantasticly wikkid he is an producer... i remember only tune from exit001 that didnt make me feel anything really special, but other than that his music is something out of this world and im convinced he will the best producer for a long-long time...

he is THE MAN! :slayer:

8. Critical

Critical Member

bloody amazing

wasn't really in the b/c stuff tbh , but every solo release has been buy on sight.

supurb deep emotive tunes without being wishywashy

9. ihurtchildren

ihurtchildren Member

The tunes of his I really rate are all collaborations though. Not been amazed by any of his solo work so far.

True Romance and soldiers rmx are two of the best tunes to have come out recently.

Really liked that Zinc rmx he did on bongo... and his matrix collaboration too.

Like the tune he did with AI... but not amazed by it.

10. GreenBoy

GreenBoy Active Member

you've got issues :lol:

11. sirc

sirc New Member

And why? Cause he´s doing it for years...when kids like Fresh and Co. were runnin round the christmas tree with a litle flute in their hands D-Bridge was already "in the jungle"...doing tunes and "went to school" like...

12. DJ Guvna

DJ Guvna DJ GUVNA

deeeeep bridge,

one of the best around at the moment 4 me.

check his rmx for aquasky comin soon and silent wonder with jenna g - proper things..

13. Nameless

Nameless call me daddy

He's definitely one of my fave producers at the moment...I listen to Better Days pretty much every day! (y) There was a wicked little interview with him in Knowledge a couple of months back where he was lamenting at how keen people are to pigeonhole him...first with BC and now because he's branching into liquid territories. I appreciate his versatility a LOT...top man.

Everyone here got his killer mix with Break? Check it out... :2thumbs: