[D&B] Niwun - Alone

Bass sounds are good. I would beef up the snare a bit, especially in its high end section. Love the pad in this!! It fits very well with the rest of the track. Word to the wise, if you wish to sign this somewhere don't uploaded in full and publicly. If save it as a private link, you can still share it in the forum like I do. But overall, well done on this track :)

Sounds like you've taken the entire high end out of the snare, thats a no-no. Thats the only problem i have really. As above, the synth comes in really really nicely with the basses, really nice stuff. Just make that snare a bit more punchy and its all good!

^Yep, it makes the snare sound a bit canned. You don't need to chuck it out, but maybe layer a sub-snare in there w/ high end to compensate, maybe?

The composition's on point tho; good bassline and like Mesonance was saying great pad work, both main and sub. Main-wise, I think I could actually make out what it was saying ;)

Bass sounds are good. I would beef up the snare a bit, especially in its high end section. Love the pad in this!! It fits very well with the rest of the track. Word to the wise, if you wish to sign this somewhere don't uploaded in full and publicly. If save it as a private link, you can still share it in the forum like I do. But overall, well done on this track :)

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure if i'm really trying to sign it... I dont really know at what point I would do that. Hard to judge if its worth sending to labels.

Thanks for the advice on the snare, will change it next time. You fellas are champions, this is really useful information.

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure if i'm really trying to sign it... I dont really know at what point I would do that. Hard to judge if its worth sending to labels.

Thanks for the advice on the snare, will change it next time. You fellas are champions, this is really useful information.

I wouldnt change the composition, the intro's length is textbook and the bar structure's fine. When it comes to judging if its good enough for a label run, the best thing to do is compare it to commercial track. Analyse and compare everything; mixing, complexity, energy, structure. The labels have a benchmark set with the tracks they release and the best thing you can do is aim as high as you can.

I wouldnt change the composition, the intro's length is textbook and the bar structure's fine. When it comes to judging if its good enough for a label run, the best thing to do is compare it to commercial track. Analyse and compare everything; mixing, complexity, energy, structure. The labels have a benchmark set with the tracks they release and the best thing you can do is aim as high as you can.

Thanks for the advice man. I did briefly do that, but couldn't really find a label for this kind of style so didn't bother. Anyways, like I said not really sure if my music is release ready yet, I've been wrong about before.

I guess when I am more confident in a tune I will make more of an effort to compare it to what's out there.

Last edited:
Re: [D&B] Niwun - Alone

Its good to send to labels roughly in the same style, because even if it doesn't float their boat, you can still get some valuable feedback.

Yeah I guess, just dont want to send a tune to a label that will think it's shit, would make it harder to deal with them in future if I ever needed / wanted to I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Has a unique sound to it..
In the part starting at 3:51 I'd add some variation for the arpeggio now and then (playing higher and/or notes in another order).

Ah yeah thats a mint idea, will look at doing that on the next tune. Key changes FTW, thanks for that :)

Back
Top Bottom