DnB D&B Mix one, Three decks 100% Vinyl

Marthian

My first attempt for a rolling DnB mix, using three 1210 TT's and a very old Numark DM-3000X mixer..
It starts with some uplifting liquid then some deeper tracks and it ends with some neurofunk bangers.

Tracklist:
1 State Of Mind & Axiom – Deadzone (State Of Mind Remix)
--2 Hamilton – Brainstorm
3 Logistics – Warehouse (Ill Skillz Remix)
--4 Aries – Original Foundation
5 Craggz & Parallel - The Kraken
6 Phil Tangent – More Than You'll Ever Know
7 Wickaman, Hoodlum & Mavrik – One Scratch
8 Hamilton - Echoes
9 Brookes Brothers – Last Night
10 Friction & Nu Balance - Slipstream (Logistics Remix)
11 Bulletproof – Jah No Dead
12 M.I.S.T. – Barracuda
13 Loadstar – Hit The Ground
14 Bladerunner – Fusion
--15 Break - Evil Twin
16 Phil Tangent - Contrition
17 Breakage - Forgot The Name
18 Die – Clear Skyz
19 Klute – I Minder
20 State of Mind - Without Light
21 Commix – Be True
--22 Break – The Truth
23 Proxima – Layers
24 Serum & Bladerunner – New Era
25 Fierce & Break - Hooligan
26 InsideInfo & Mefjus – Mythos
27 Noisia – Facade
28 Optiv & BTK – Kingpin
29 Camo & Krooked - Cryptkeeper (Mind Vortex Remix)
30 Proxima – Critical Force
31 Optiv & BTK – Gateway
32 Usual Suspects – Doorway

There are some clashes in the mix and my attempt at three decks mxing can use a lot of improvement, so all pointers are welcome! :)

yea man you should work on those clangs, some were pretty huge. perhaps try to master 2 deck mixing without clanging (or very very little clanging) and then move to 3 deck? you can't start running before you've learned how to walk ;)

also, sound quality is a bit bad at places - is your tonearm & everything set up properly?

100% Vinyl mixes always deserve a listen. On this!

Thanks! Let me know what you think. :)

yea man you should work on those clangs, some were pretty huge. perhaps try to master 2 deck mixing without clanging (or very very little clanging) and then move to 3 deck? you can't start running before you've learned how to walk ;)

Thanks for listening fuuz!
Your probably right about the "learn to walk first" but I'm having to much fun using the 3 deck setup so I accept that there are some clangs in it for now but I have to start somewhere right?
I also find deeper tracks like Breakag - Forgot the Name and Phil Tangent - Contrition very hard to mix. Really need to practice more on those tunes. :)
Listening back I felt that the parts without clangs had some nice vibe going so I thought I might get away with it... ;)

also, sound quality is a bit bad at places - is your tonearm & everything set up properly?

Haven't noticed this myself but I haven't heard the mix on high end speakers so this could be a problem.
One turntable is not setup properly so might have to look into that. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

Back
Top Bottom