Cylon Recordings/Renegade Hardware Production Tutorials?

What's your favourite Drum and Bass Label Here?

• Total voters

Warfare Dubstep

YO! What's good everyone?!? :eek:

First post here, hoping I could get some really cool stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hyper right now on account of hearing some more Cylon Recordings stuff, literally blew my mind away when I heard some Applied Science mixes by Loxy; these are darkness manifest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm looking for any types of videos on Youtube or written guides on how to make underground dnb, or even some videos on how to tune your style similar to it (i.e. general guides are not for dnb but can be applied to it quite well). I know the tempo has to be 175bpm, but I'm also looking for plugins that people use, sound processing, etc... Would mean the world to me finding a Youtube channel dedicated to teaching the styles of the underground heavyweights.

I don't want to copy these styles, but I want some reference so I can apply my own super dark style to this underground workflow. I've been producing for about 4 1/2 years and I really want to push my sounds forward. I've been big into dubstep, but I need some dnb in my life. I actually prefer DnB to dubstep, but don't tell my friends that :p I remember years before producing I used to be big into Renegade Hardware and Metalheads, and I still am.

Any advice, w.e. you can contribute to help a brotha out! (y)

Listen to that track at 1:20:50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this is the way dnb is progressing I want to be a part of it ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cylon-droid-wp.jpg

Have you made any dnb before? What music do you like to make the most? I dont think youl find tutorials on underground dnb. Why would it be underground in the first place?

Checked your soundcloud, you defs got the atmospheres going which can easily be applied to the dnb you are looking to make. Same goes to the basses. gotta show us how to make em. Tbh this style dnb sits better at 170-172 bpm.

Have you made any dnb before? What music do you like to make the most? I dont think youl find tutorials on underground dnb. Why would it be underground in the first place?

I've experimented with breaks and have made a snippet of DnB using Fl Studio. I'm getting really big into Ableton Live though and hopefully after exams I can dedicate at least a month to all out learning the DAW.

I love making dark dubstep and tribal music. I'm probably best at my craft with tribal vibes. I can take 3 drum hits and make an all out percussive masterpiece :) Naturally, when I first started producing, I could just compile the most complex tribal rhythms. I've always resonated with the darkness and tribalism, but also enjoy calmer types of music including underground deep house, underground techno, etc...

I really really need underground dnb tutorials and production techniques :( As being one of the only people in my time in Toronto at such a young age to embrace Metalheadz and Renegade Hardware, I felt blessed being different from my friends who embraced the garbage of the mainstream. I need to push the underground sounds to this city, because it's ridden with garbage from the American mainstream, and we even have pathetic clowns here like Drake. I will not sell out for all of the money in the world; I push deep vibrations to guide the lost souls to the truth-- pretty cheesy metaphor, but I am very passionate about the underground where the real healing frequencies are found.

I might be getting some dnb lessons from Gremlinz during the summer since he's in my city (DOPE!), so I'm saving up for that. My ultimate goal is to manifest the darkness in my tracks through learning all the essential production techniques. I bought an MPK 49 about a month ago and haven't gotten to using it yet because of so many projects and tests; university life is draining me as a producer :(

Checked your soundcloud, you defs got the atmospheres going which can easily be applied to the dnb you are looking to make. Same goes to the basses. gotta show us how to make em. Tbh this style dnb sits better at 170-172 bpm.

Big up bro :) I make a lot of my atmospheres from drum hits and field recordings that are massively processed. If only I could get to understanding the complexities of these daws I could make the hundreds of sounds in my head.

check out sample genie, theyve got loads of tutorials from well established producers covering all aspects of dnb production. Its a pay monthly thing but its only £8 and you get a handful of new samples from their drop of talent every month aswell as a new tutorial! Gotta say I've never felt short changed and always look forward to the next drop.

Not really sure what underground DnB is, but there's a killer tutorial on a sticky at the top of this forum called tutorial tuesdays.... it's for neuro DnB though, but you can transfer techniques into whatever style you wanna make.

Back
Top Bottom