Cyfic - Chance [Free Download]

some nice musical ideas - nice intro. i was expecting something completely different on the drop - it almost feels like two different tunes.

i think the plonky synth after the drop feels like another intro synth.

Yeah I can see what you mean. I think that's probably cus I tended to just make this track out of ideas I came up with that I liked enough to keep at the time, rather than think too much about whether the ideas related to each other that much or whatever. Cheers for the feedback anyways.

this is nice man i think the drum kick and snare need to come stronger personally get them punchy yo :p

Like the intro to this track,
Good use of wet and dry reverb and filter control,
I too wasnt expecting the track to change so dramatically when it dropped,
Kinda felt like it lost alot of its clothing from the intro which to me was a little disappointing,
Quirky synth btw =]

Intro is amazing (use of texture, sequencing, and the dynamics are all very well done: I appreciate the work put into it), but the loose volume fade in right before the one disrupts the 'blast/impact' of the drop. I wish that fade was more precise.

3:49 - the slow fade in works fine on that fill
5:42 - and on this one, the fade sounds out of place the same as the first one did

(simply the ways my ears hear it : )

The rest of the tune is stellar... I very much enjoyed the light honey dew like Leadwork coupled with that wonderful Piano. The Bass supports everything else wonderfully along with the Pads.

If I had a negative thing to say it would be that maybe it would have been nice to have a small 32 or 64 with just the drums and bass... the leads don't let up anywhere. With 7-1/2 mins, I think a bit more could have been accomplished (I know that sounds vast)... I guess I mean there could have been some more moments where the leads weren't in the limelight which would have given you room to explore some possible change ups with your existing sounds.

7:10 - neat fill

I enjoyed your music a lot... can't comment on the Mix though due to the headphones I'm in.

:rock:

Last edited:
Intro is fantastic, maybe I don't like synt used after drop, sound a little clowny; biggest lack is the snare! need some EQ!!! However nice job mate!

Great feedback guys, thanks a lot.

Kick and snare could definately be better I agree. They're way far off the standard that is "required" - this track would probably sound crap in a club :P Obviously this is only my first track, but I'm definately gonna focus on getting the right drum sounds before starting my next track I think.

Glad most of you seem to like the Intro, kinda unexpected if I'm honest - I wasn't sure if I liked it enough :P But its always an eye opener to hear other peoples' opinions.

As for the drop... it being more similar musically to the intro would make it more effective. NOTED!

I'll have a look at those extreme volume fades. I figured that with the music up until those points being quite "full" on the ears with a lot going on and with all the reverb etc. too - the short space of pure silence might be more attention grabbing, but it seems it may be more of a distraction.

I understand what you mean about the leads not letting up at any point too. I'll try and see if I can work in any kind of drums & bass only section for the contrast.

The synth after the drop was a bit of a risk :P
I knew it was quite a big contrast to the ambient/deepness of the rest of the track, and like DJ Cluster said, it's very "clowny" - but something made me keep it. I've noticed it has become the part that people have stuck in their heads and hum after listening to the track, which I quite like.

Again, great feedback! Appreciate it (y)

for a first track
and if you keep pushing in this direction

it's awesome mate :)

♥ 3:50 ♥

(just a minimal better mixdown needed)

By a better mixdown, do you mean a better master? or general mix? or both? lol

Either way, I agree. I've still got so much to learn, and especially in DnB where the actual production obviously gets put under such a huge spotlight. The mastering on this track was a pretty quick/crap job lol, just slapped on a limiter and thats about it haha. I've not spent anywhere near as much time learning about mastering as other stuff, so I'll definitely look at improving that aspect of my "game" in future...

Cheers for listening dude.

hmmm, gonna go against the grain here (sorry) i think your drop could use a little work, i think the intro could do with some tightening up too, i think way too much is being used up by too few elements, less reverb, i'd say a seperate sample for the whole eerie atmosphere, and then the instruments in there being made alot more recognisable. After the drop your drums have alot of forward momentum but your lead synth is very lazy and its kind holding the progression on the track back, its not until 3:50 u actualy pick up on this and pull both elements in the same direction.
As said, a better mix down, make the drums more pronounced, punchier, louder (these are what people dance too!!!) bring the reverb down on your instruments, if you want to creat space use pads and atmospherics. Your expecting too much from what you have.

I think this does have alot of potential and considering this is your first track its a pretty good job

lol, the feedback has been better than I expected so far already, so it was about time for a comment like that :P

Yeah, I get what you mean. Definitely lots of things that could be improved on. Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom