Cyclopyze - Frozen Mind (junglish)

Cyclopyze

This is a new track from me and it's also the 1. time I used amen samples in a tune.
It's kinda junglish and oldschooled.
Any help / tips regarding the mixdown (and anything else for that matter) are appreciated tho i think im getting the hang of it lol.

The melodic synth might be 2 loud (aswell as the choir synth) and main synth aswell as sub might be 2 quiet but that's why im posting it here, for a 2. opinion...

Also the entire song seems to be a bit 2 quiet even tho I went for -2 / -3 DB (even tho in posted mixdown tips it says it should be -6) and added some light compresion on top. Would appreciate any tips for this 1 since it's kinda bothering me lol.

Anywayz, thx in advance and hope u like it ;)

Last edited:
Like it man, some good ideas in there. I really like the choppy lead sound and the bassline. Drums sound a bit flat though , Maybe go for an other snare sound or something :) But overall really nice work, keep it up!

drums sound like they could go more solid. i mean in terms of a stronger attack on the snare and an EQ boost and cut job on the kick drum to make it boom in the right places!! i personally found i cant really hear a bassline besides the boom sample bass thats at the start of every other bar??

Thx for taking the time to write this ;)

And there I was, thinking I found the perfect snare in terms of it being snapy and rly standing out. xD
The drums are layered with 2 different samples (which I never did before) and thought that was more then enough for them to be solid tho the drums as a whole aren't rly compressed so I am guessing it's that...
As for the bassline, there isn't much else to it rly. Just the boom part and a wob-wob- part after it. The wobble part spiked more so I didn't turn it up much.

Again, thx for the feedback.

this has got a wicked old skool dark vibe which im really digging, the snare is way too quiet though and you could have a phat sub under the kick to really roll this one along.

Just uploaded a new version, made the drums a bit louder and did some equing, no drastic cnages but hoping this is a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom