Cyclop soft synth

tewky1

VIP Junglist
Hi

Anyone bought this new synth? i will be honest I really have no idea what I am looking for in a synth, but this thing looks pretty mean.

Anyone tried it out?

I bought this synth a while back when Sugar Bytes had a 50% sale on but havent got around to using it so much yet

but i can tell its definitely capable of making beastly sounds! :twisted:

one thing i will say tho is that the presets are garbage!

I bought this synth a while back when Sugar Bytes had a 50% sale on but havent got around to using it so much yet

but i can tell its definitely capable of making beastly sounds! :twisted:

one thing i will say tho is that the presets are garbage!

^ This. I did the same thing (bought at 50% sale). The presets really do more harm than good. It's a very strange synth in terms of how everything comes together, but it can make some absolutely disgusting bass sounds once you dig a little deep into it. It's a pretty decent synth but it's still in its infancy in terms of development/potential.

- it will have your cpu for lunch also.

^ TRUTH. It's a CPU hog.

First I'd suggest you try the demo, it'll give you a good idea if you'll get on with it. Second, I saw on a different post on the FM8 thread that you are looking for your first synth, I'd probably steer you away from this one as the interface is strange and takes some figuring out as lost said, you are far better off strating with a synth that is a little more user friendly to learn with some tutorials out there (even a free one is fine to pick up the basics). Most have demo's as well so make sure you try before you buy, some you will find you just wont get on with, others it all comes together so easily ! :)

I also got this one at 50% off. Heres a really cool tutorial(ish) vid that made me look at this synth a bit differently for anyone who has it - really worth a watch if you have this synth!:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom