Cyclone Yasi

Castel

RIP
VIP Junglist
Good luck Queensland... shits gunna get serious... (looks mental though...)
Tropical Cyclone Yasi could become a category five monster packing 300kmh (180mph) winds by the time it crosses the Queensland coast, the weather bureau has warned.

Yasi intensified to a category five cyclone overnight and its impact is ''likely to be more life-threatening than any experienced during recent generations'', the Bureau of Meteorology says.

By comparison cyclone Larry, which caused $1.5 billion worth of damage to Innisfail and surrounds, was a mid-level category four system.

The little one in the middle of Aus is Cyclone Anthony, which was a category 1-2

Anyone ever experienced a cyclone, typhoon or a hurricane?? im sure its pretty fuckin crazy...

DJ_NoZ

Rum & Ass
VIP Junglist
I was on the outskirts of hurricane Katrina in 2005. I was staying at my Uncles pad for a 2 week holiday near Orlando and we put up a couple that my Uncle knew from Miami for a few days. Even where we were there was a fair bit of damage done, Miami got hit really badly though, can't imagine what it must've been like for anyone who was still there.

Makes you realise that we're still at the mercy of Mother Nature! Not much we can do but hide!

subprime

Dysjoint
VIP Junglist
I'm watching some storm chasers during the early stages. Looks like it's going to be fucked up by the time it's over.

Gumby

VIP Junglist
ive got family who live right in the line of fire. its crossing the coast now.
knowing that the power is going to go out, i think it'll be a few days before i hear if they are safe :(

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
knowing that the power is going to go out, i think it'll be a few days before i hear if they are safe :(

thats shit gumby... i hope their ok (despite my statement about 'loving' natural disasters, i think 'fascinated' would have been more appropriate)

arent they trying to evac the area?

subprime

Dysjoint
VIP Junglist
thats shit gumby... i hope their ok (despite my statement about 'loving' natural disasters, i think 'fascinated' would have been more appropriate)

arent they trying to evac the area?
Time for evac is long gone. Still a few hours til it hits. Power is going out a fair distance away, fingers crossed for them that are there. Stay inside and hunker down. Must be fuckin scary as hell.

Gumby

VIP Junglist
the last thing i heard from my cousin was that she was bunkering down on the top floor of an empty apartment block. i really dont think that sounds like the safest place to be. especially if she's on her own.

Castel

RIP
VIP Junglist
surge wave is over 9m...

anyone else love antural disasters despite the horrific suffering and loss of life?

natural disasters are awesome!! they get alot of cyclones in Darwin, but i didn't experience one :(

i hope they are ok. the people im staying with have family over there and apparently they are all drunk waiting for the storm lol crazy aussie spirit!

Last edited:

Gumby

VIP Junglist
yeah my other cousin is posting status updates of how much piss he's sunk lol.

Gumby

VIP Junglist
the entire state is covered... this is epic. they reckon its still gona be a category 3 even 450km inland from the coast.

Top Bottom