Cutting Your Own Mix

ali^

Bigtingsagwarn
VIP Junglist
Not so much on here, people I know are always asking the best way to cut a mix up. So I thought I'd just leave a tutorial on here for anybody interested [it's a piece of piss].

The easiest way to cut a mix is by using ".cue" files.
These work by creating a playlist out of a single .mp3 or any other type of audio file, for quick seeking and so you actually know what song you're listening to. You might have seen .cue's before, anyway here's how to make 'em.

Open notepad up, and on the first two lines type;

TITLE "insert title"
FILE "file name.mp3" MP3

e.g.
TITLE "Soek - Frosted Mix"
FILE "Frosted mix.mp3" MP3

Now comes the repetative part.
For each song your going to have to input this information

TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "insert title of song"
PERFORMER "and artist"
INDEX 01 00:00:00

Now on track 1, obviously INDEX 01 will be 00:00:00 [minutes, seconds, hundreth-seconds btw] but after that, for each new song, just input the new artist, title and track number, but keep INDEX as INDEX 01, and change the time to whenever you want to introduce the tune [e.g. 16 bars before or maybe just the drop]

The only problem with this method is you do have to keep checking what time the songs start, but if you wern't doing it this way it would be even more complex.

After finishing, you should have something like this.

TITLE "Soek - Frosted Mix"
FILE "Frosted mix.mp3" MP3
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Dreamworld [dBridge Remix]/Days Of Rage"
PERFORMER "Physics/Aritificial Intelligence"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Stray [Icicke Remix]"
PERFORMER "Alix Perez"
INDEX 01 03:40:00
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Cold Revenge"
PERFORMER "Icicle"
INDEX 01 05:31:00
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Organiser"
PERFORMER "Spectrasoul"
INDEX 01 07:22:00
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Insignia"
PERFORMER "Spectrasoul"
INDEX 01 09:57:00

and so on

Once your happy, you should save your file as the exact name of your audio file, but change the ".mp3" to ".cue"

If you've done it right. When you double click the .cue file, [you need it in the same folder as the mp3 file] you should be given a list of track looking like your average mix CD.

You can then go on to use your .cue file to cut songs on a CD.

Hope this helps everybody

Back
Top Bottom