Custom Ear Plugs Question

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Hi Guys, Can someone give me some info on custom ear plugs. I wanna look after my ears, i always get anoying ringing in my right ear which i use for mointoring. I don't wanna end up with tinnitus. Get's worse after long periods of mixing the ringing. Is there any frequencie wave or dB range i have to get? I don't understand the voulme range?

Thanks for any info giving guys :)

Good question, I've been looking too, as after more than an hour of mixing my monitoring ear rings for a couple of hours, and a couple of days after a rave.

i've had tinnitus for a couple of years now and getting some earplugs helped alot like, anything sets ringing off for me even if the telly's a bit loud, its shite, i'd advise ya to get some quick cos it's awfull to live with

Good question, I've been looking too, as after more than an hour of mixing my monitoring ear rings for a couple of hours, and a couple of days after a rave.

Thats incredible baring in mind your 18. Hearing losses that occur during teenage years are almost unheard of.
I seriously recommend ear plugs when raving and turing your speakers at home down extremely quietly. Boring but you may preserve your hearing a little longer.

Thats incredible baring in mind your 18. Hearing losses that occur during teenage years are almost unheard of.
I seriously recommend ear plugs when raving and turing your speakers at home down extremely quietly. Boring but you may preserve your hearing a little longer.

yeah it only happens when mixing in a live environment, so the headphones are really loud, and the ringing disappears quickly enough, saying that they only stopped ringing today after the LTJ Bukem album launch on friday

I've always been meaning to buy some ear plugs, just never got round to it, but this thread has made me think i'll get right on it

Last edited:
yeah it only happens when mixing in a live environment, so the headphones are really loud, and the ringing disappears quickly enough, saying that they only stopped ringing yesterday after Fabric on friday

I've always been meaning to buy some ear plugs, just never got round to it, but this thread has made me think i'll get right on it

Nice one man. Don't go to another rave without them(y)

yeah it only happens when mixing in a live environment, so the headphones are really loud, and the ringing disappears quickly enough, saying that they only stopped ringing today after the LTJ Bukem album launch on friday

i'd get some asap like, when i got hit it wasnt that bad at first but after blaring tunes out etc. it got real bad

I really need to get some custom ones. I think I may go about it later this year as I am using the Alpine ones at the minute.

yeah u gotta look after ur hearing devices! i had an op on one of mine after i perferated the ear drum! wasn't a good look! couldn't listen to dnb for years! bad times!

Back
Top Bottom