currnet value anyone??

safety

double safety
VIP Junglist
i don't know if it's just me, but i can't get down with current value at all. i just don't find the music accessable.

your thoughts...

Current Value is by far the top producer out there imo, no one comes close to his beats. I admit it's an aquired taste but once your in, that's it.
Yeah ok, a lot of it sounds similar, but to me so does all the 'jump up' or whatever you want to call it.
For me he is really pushing boundries and when people say to me "that ain't even DnB" i laugh it off cos it's beyond the comprehension of those in the safety zone. Perhaps it is beyond DnB, or is it DnB in it's purest form???
I don't care what it is......it's just fucking awesome.
Current Value rules.:finger:

some good points well made. it's true that he's doing something different but folks like goldie and amit do it while still making their music listenable. i couldn't put current value on in my bedroom to get ready for going out or mix it in to one of my bedtime mixes. but i'm going to the hardware night at the custard factory on saturday so that should be the perfect opporunity to hear it how it's meant to be heard. maybe i haven't listened to his best stuff, any suggestions on tracks i should check out?

As Conrad would say "It's all a matter of opinion". It's what makes DnB so great, there's a style for everyone. If i'm getting ready to go out then it is Current Value i rock out! Get's you pumped that's for sure!!!
As far as his best tracks go (IMO), check these;

Strange Peace/Full Spectrum Warrior [TECH ITCH]
Excellence [ALGORHYTHM]
The Indivisible Force [OBSCENE]
Brainwash [EVOL INTENT]
End Of Days [BARCODE]
The Unspoken/60,000 Thoughts [SOOTHSAYER]
Faith [FREAK]

Each one is a maelstrom of superb drum programming and exqusite basslines. If you can pick up on all the subtle changes that are happening with the beats & bass then you'll know why he's so popular with fans of the hard genre. Genius!

Last edited:
When I first heard Current Value I must say I didnt really like alot of his tracks (beyond digits 2001) but after a while the style really grew on me. Maybe also because I have been listening to more Breakcore. Current Values seems to border along breakcore with some tracks.

Last edited:
grew on me but I like to notice the little details. Which his music is full of. I do wish that the drums used would be a bit more varied though.

overall a+

yea I have noticed the same thing about the drums used, my friends all say his production sounds the same. what do they know though they all listen to house/trance.

Last edited:
not my thing either but his production is wicked....

i hate most breakcore (except Aaron Spectre) and this is verging towards that.

its not exactly rollin' is it!

I'm gay for Current Value

it would also explain why I've bought nearly every single track he's brought out since 2004, AND why I'm harassing him on his Myspace to get Faith out (because it is a BADMAN tune) - and I have it as my phone ringtone at the moment :D :D :D :D :D (shame the little loudspeaker doesn't quite do it justice, but that tune is just too sick).

I really tried to get it but just couldn't. Just way too ruff for me, and i don't want to go argumenting if it's dnb or not, what the fucks the difference if it is or if it isnt.

I just miss the words "Liquid Funk"...

One thing's for sure - you have to like it harrrrrd and narrrrrsty to get into CV.

As a drummer and someone who digs the complex rhythmic patterns of CV (and the ruff-as-fuck bass and the sequencing and production values) I just love it - it's a challenge for my brain as well as my ears. Fucking great stuff.

I also love metal (thrash, death, all that good stuff) so I guess this is the D&B equivalent

Currant value is fukin sick, the arrangement, the drum breaks and the bass are so well crafted together its a fukin joke.....

Current Value is by far the top producer out there imo, no one comes close to his beats. I admit it's an aquired taste but once your in, that's it.
Yeah ok, a lot of it sounds similar, but to me so does all the 'jump up' or whatever you want to call it.
For me he is really pushing boundries and when people say to me "that ain't even DnB" i laugh it off cos it's beyond the comprehension of those in the safety zone. Perhaps it is beyond DnB, or is it DnB in it's purest form???
I don't care what it is......it's just fucking awesome.
Current Value rules.:finger:

i agree!!!!!! the man is sick! o_O

i've checked him out a little bit more, but i still can't find a way to listen to it, i just need some rythym to tune into.

I'm gay for Current Value

it would also explain why I've bought nearly every single track he's brought out since 2004, AND why I'm harassing him on his Myspace to get Faith out (because it is a BADMAN tune) - and I have it as my phone ringtone at the moment :D :D :D :D :D (shame the little loudspeaker doesn't quite do it justice, but that tune is just too sick).

iF UR GONNA HARRASS ANY1 DUDE IT WILL HAVE TO BE DYLAN, AFTER ALL, HES THE LABEL OWNER.
BUT DNT WORRY M8 FAITH IS FREAK 27 AND FREAK 26 PROMOS HAVE ALREADY BEEN RELEASED SO ABOUT ANUVA MONTH OR TWO!!! CANT WAIT!!! :mad:

The new tune by current value...
"FEAR" forthcoming on future sickness recs is 1 of the sikest, mind grinding tunes u will ever want to hear, HEAVY AS FUCK!!!
Current value and limewax all the way.
They shud really think of doing a tune 2geva...
Wud be a collab and a half!!!
I just like that type shit coz its different to the same old wobbly, fairground dnb which im just getting bored shitless of atm!

Back
Top Bottom