Currently Active Users, 15 apr 07 18:15

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
167 (3 members and 164 guests)

just struck me as odd :dynamite:

specially since im bored as hell at work with nothing to do. except work, which i vigoriously refuse.

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
Re: Currently Active Users, 15apr07 18:15:

167 (3 members and 164 guests)

just struck me as odd :dynamite:

specially since im bored as hell at work with nothing to do. except work, which i vigoriously refuse.
Yeah, your rite more people should registar, people appreciate feedback otherwise there just leaching really

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist

weird ratio, no? its boring is what it is, therere like whole days when noone posts on here but there are 200 guest users doing god knows what. leeching mixes most probably.
we should have more naked girls on here, never fails to attract a crowd.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist

mailorder from russia, members only. thats what im talking bout

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist

What about having a register / log on to DL system?

Let ppl see the mix forum, but block the DL links unless they logged on...

Maybe?

I dunno if it's a problem or not the way it is.

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist

The Mixes forum dominates, pulls the crowd

:word: Out of all the big forums, we probably have one of the best mixes forums outta the lot. I know for a fact that a lot of the DOA and DNBA crowd lurk here for the mixes, especially since TPI got banned from both.

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist

You should increase the rewards for being a member, im still working for my custom aviater, but im trying not to just put up random comments.

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist

Guests can also be search engines like Google, MSN and Yahoo! spidering our pages for themselves.

I agree though, I'd love to see more members instead of guests. Maybe a login only option would be the way forward, any opinions on this? Obviously login only would stop the search engines spidering threads which might cause our hits from Google etc. to drop.

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist

Guests can also be search engines like Google, MSN and Yahoo! spidering our pages for themselves.

I agree though, I'd love to see more members instead of guests. Maybe a login only option would be the way forward, any opinions on this? Obviously login only would stop the search engines spidering threads which might cause our hits from Google etc. to drop.
Personally I don't think that members only is the way forward, but it would be an idea to sorta jumble up the forums a bit so it is a lot more appealing to be a member, maybe only 20 views of threads per a day for non members .... you soon see a load more people register.

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Coshh should be allowed to have his own avatar for his sterling work with jump up mixes, new threads and comments that don't... stink.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
stuu did that once though, and it had an undesirable effect. there was a 10 post minimum for access to the mixes section which resulted wave of bullshit posts from people with nothing to say. i think thats where the idea for the quarantine came from.

and thank you gordo, its good to hear im taking my responsability, or at leas that i will, as soon as i make bail.

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist

Regarding my comments above:

I've now made it so guests can view 5 threads before a thread viewing block is activated where it asks the user to login or register. Let's see what happens with that in place.

Twisted Murderer

Den Tammen Belg
VIP Junglist
Easy Twisted Murderer!

It appears that you have not posted on our forums for over a week, why not take a few moments to ask a question, start a discussion, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
Hehe :)