CURREBT VALUE synths / bass

maniken

Hi!! how do you think he makes his sound? I mean synths and basses. maybe some kind of "clen" hardcore kick? I really can't guess his methods. may be somebody know his tech?

Er dont you mean CURRENT VALUE man? C V uses reese basses that he/they make themselves using vst's within his DAW. If your looking for tutorials there's loads around on all the forums (including this one), aswell as all over the net mate. gooooooogle it :)

Youtube mate.

Also, 2 saw waves, dutune ones about 10 cents. If you don't know what it means, then it the sound you're looking for shouldn't bother you until you get more practice.

I clearly know about detuning saws. I know how to makw reeses. I just thought that hi didn't use saws. it doesn't seeme to me that he use that tech. I realy can't guess how he make his sound. and I didn't hear any examples like his synths

google him, find what DAW and VSTs he uses. Stalk im :D But then you can download a patch from him or something

the possibilties with a reese bass is absolutley endless, i mean you could proberbly accomplish a certain sound that he uses in a certain song but isnt it better to create unique sounds? just spend a whole day or even a week tweaking the parameters or better still read the manual ( which comes with most vsts) for a full understanding of the programm. easier said than done.. i know. use the search function on this site to cure some of your questions, also have a browse on the dogs on acid site- loads of info there. www.dogsonacid.com/

the possibilties with a reese bass is absolutley endless, i mean you could proberbly accomplish a certain sound that he uses in a certain song but isnt it better to create unique sounds? just spend a whole day or even a week tweaking the parameters or better still read the manual ( which comes with most vsts) for a full understanding of the programm. easier said than done.. i know. use the search function on this site to cure some of your questions, also have a browse on the dogs on acid site- loads of info there. www.dogsonacid.com/

Well said

I absolutely agree with you aboun making unique sound. but averybody know the principles of reeses and nobody know about CV style synths((( DOA didn't help me

CV uses a Nord Wave predominantly, and loads of processing.
dont forget, the guy has been making this sort of music for nearly 20 years now, and he's a graduate of SAE, probably the most high profile engineering school in the world.
so we're not talking here about techniques that can be learned through a youtube tutorial..
i saw him recently, and i heard tons of square waves, not wobble, just distorted to hell and back. thats something that i have been touching recently. sick reeses dont just come from saw waves, but squares too, especially for the skullstep style, CV, Counterstrike, Donny etc.

He uses FM synthesis. It's very difficult way to make that kind of sound/bass.
I hear you are doing it very well, but remember to not copy his style. Make your own ;)

peace,

He uses FM synthesis. It's very difficult way to make that kind of sound/bass.
I hear you are doing it very well, but remember to not copy his style. Make your own ;)
peace,

hmm
only fm you think?
no I don't want to copy him, I just need to understand the principle of making that sound.
but its not only fm I think. as for low notes it's simple square with tweaking decay I think. and highs are Fm modulated you think? fm + lfo'ed filters?

Okay, if i were to "dublicate" a bass sound [not for me], i would find a suitable part of the track where the bass is very dominant. chop that prominent part out of the tune then... use that bass sound as a reference as a guide. as in.. use whateva synths you have available or whateva you can to mimic that sound. i havnt read all of this thead/.. so... what kinda bass sound you looking for? maybe i could help you out mate? just ask bro. merry christmass btw!

Back
Top Bottom