Culture Shock: Sampled or Self Made?

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Right, in my very own humble opinion Culture Shock is a god walking amongst men who will soon take over the world and kill us all for no reason. His tunes are stupidly good, and if you've heard them you probably have noticed that his sort of "trademark" sound is his incredible use of those 80's synths that were very popular back in the synthpop days. My question is: are they selfmade or sampled? I see no harm in sampling, but I have yet to recognize a Culture Shock sample.. well, anywhere really. Anyone have any info on this? And if you do know any sample that he has used, please direct me to it

He is a prophet, seriously couldn't admire his music anymore. I can't wait for an album... the last tune he dropped at fabric was ridiculous and one of his new ones and it literally sounded like the best drum and bass tune I've ever heard.

I'm probably gonna be killed with stones by the worshippers, but his tunes don't sound so special to me :D. On topic, i think he makes those synths himself.

I'm probably gonna be killed with stones by the worshippers, but his tunes don't sound so special to me :D. On topic, i think he makes those synths himself.

think youre not in the right forum lol. man is a god, period. tunes sound second to none. just get out vice chase and mix it in with some new tune and it will just destroy it. and its from 07.

selfmade. defo. id guess z3ta..

I don't think I will EVER understand why internet people rate Culture Shock so highly, his music is average at best.

Not forgetting bad red, gears, machine, i remember, footloose, piano thing and city lights?

he's one of drum and bass no.1 producers... no questions about it

I'm not a fan of all of his tunes to be honest, but anything he released since Gears is fucking sick. His tunes are unbelievable in terms of musical abilities, there's not a single meaningless noise in them.

Last edited:
fair enough if you just dont like his sound, but anyone who thinks his music is average is probably a dickhead. guys got alot of musical and production ability.

for me nothing out of the ordinary, didnt mind kronix when i first got into dnb through nightlife 4 tbh. samples breaks... he would deffinatly have a few tunes with samples of something though, who doesnt sample in dnb..
his sound is very rinsed and old now, he sounds like the rest of the producers on ram

for me nothing out of the ordinary, didnt mind kronix when i first got into dnb through nightlife 4 tbh. samples breaks... he would deffinatly have a few tunes with samples of something though, who doesnt sample in dnb..
his sound is very rinsed and old now, he sounds like the rest of the producers on ram

no he doesn't? his sound is very unique and completely different to others on ram...

Back
Top Bottom