Culture Shock - Footloose

I basicly downloaded the mix only to listen to this tune (and the Noisia / Spor Collab:)) and I'll be honest when I first heard this drop I was actually quite disappointed ...

Then I started to "get it" as the vocal came in, and I realised it's a fucking bad tune lol

I'm almost positive Andy dropped this at the Ram before last, and straight away me and my mate could tell it was a new Culture Shock thing

It's got a real plodding keep your feet moving kinda vibe, love it man, nice break from all the madness that's bound to be thrown into a dancefloor set

"Serious moonlight" ;) ...

This podcast is also the first time i've heard Smooth in the mix. Sounds nice. Vibey roller....

I dont think james is capable of making bad tunes. I just think he's bad at finishing them!

First off I agree that Smooth sounds great in the mix. It was clearly made to be mixed down.

But I am right with nifty on this one. I pretty much downloaded this mix just to hear a new Culture Shock tune. (And Deception, that tune is just murder every tume)

I also didn't get it at first, as it's certainly not as good as Surprise or the mighty mighty Bad Red, but it is a really kind of vibey tune that grows on you after a listen or two.

Basically a Culture Shock release will be the quickest insta-bag I've ever pulled right now. EVERYTHING thrown out is just fantastic and keeps that awesome funky Culture Shock sound.

Culture is a producer that can take any kind of idea, even if it's a bit shit, and make it sound great

Production is just too ridiculous man

Plz Plz Plz let there be a Culture Shock EP on Ram next year, Surprise, Bad Red, Footloose and something else brand new a very sick please (because we all know Gears & Machine just isn't happening)

Culture is a producer that can take any kind of idea, even if it's a bit shit, and make it sound great

Production is just too ridiculous man

Plz Plz Plz let there be a Culture Shock EP on Ram next year, Surprise, Bad Red, Footloose and something else brand new a very sick please (because we all know Gears & Machine just isn't happening)

if Machine or Gears dont come out i'm just gonna put aside some money and cut the damn things myself!

it'll grow on you though.

i'm guessing the hear it out test is required

hmmm, maybe. i dunno man. i've given it a few listens and i'm not really catching on to the vibe. maybe hearing it on a fat system will sway my opinion. we'll see...

just don't think it really holds up against 'machine', 'bad red and possibly my favourite tune by him that 'piano song' bit. tooooo much!

Bad Red, Machine, Surprise & Piano Dark

If you put those 4 tunes on an EP it would be the best release of this year, next year or any fucking year....

It would.

An EP like that would do for James what faith Massive did for Lomax. all 4 tracks absolute killers. Best release on Ram in 09 in my eyes. Those 4 tunes on an EP from CS would be insta-baggage

Standard

Back
Top Bottom