Cue Points....

WhoSayReload?

VIP Junglist
Wondered this many a time, still unresolved....

Can you set up cue points for tracks on a usb stick, or is it possible with the help of software or something to cut the intro lengths back without destroying the quality of tunes? Same things goes for cd's, that's one of the main reasons why I use Traktor so that I can drop tunes on 32 or 16.

Any thoughts? safe

You can set up cue points for usb on the cdjs from pioneer that support rekordbox using a pc, definitely possible to chop intros out too yeah although I wouldnt know how.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You can set up cue points for usb on the cdjs from pioneer that support rekordbox using a pc, definitely possible to chop intros out too yeah although I wouldnt know how.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hmmm, would the decks need to be plugged in by ethernet whilst playing the usb's? To get the cues?

Last edited:
Reloop rmp3's do this too - and they're a bit cheaper, but you can only store 4 cue points per folder, and the information is stored on the decks. They've been saying they'll look into storing them on the sticks and having four points per track for years, but I don't think anything's happened..

Anyways; if you chuck each track in its own folder on the stick you've got four points per track, or if you store them four to a folder you've got one for each.

With regards to cutting up intros of the actual track, any DAW will do this easily. Get a demo of Ableton and just chop the audio at the start of the track.

I store cue points on Traktor and Rekordbox.

- - - Updated - - -

I also don't only store cue points for jumps. I store them for mix points. It's a good tool to remind me you of weird tune structure.

With regards to cutting up intros of the actual track, any DAW will do this easily. Get a demo of Ableton and just chop the audio at the start of the track.

you can just use audacity can't you (unless it compresses the sound when you re-export?)

Back
Top Bottom