cue points recordbox

beknoxx

7/11 7/11
VIP Junglist
I played a show a couple of weeks ago and ended up tagging with the headliner who called me old school when I said I didn't use cue points hahaha. So I started looking at some of this in recordbox as there are times that I need the intro to be shorter so I can mix in for the break. also if I can use it for tunes that do not start on beat it would be great. Anybody have any tips on how to set the cue points? Do you do 16 bars 8 bars or how does this effect you when mixing?

i just scroll the tune through to where i want to set a cue point and the just hold the jog wheel, press cue, then hold down the memory button after to retain the cue point on the pendrive. You can also do it in recordbox.

I tend to cue my 16 before the drop, but it changes tune for tune - i'll usually have a couple per tune

Only on 2000s and up can you use hot cues afaik. should be able to use the side arrows on most Standard cdjs and certainly with your new ones tone.

cool - thought as much - I found the hot queues to be more of a ball ache than the arrows. I used my brother in laws xdj all in one thing and they didn't have the arrows. was really annoying!

I've gone through each track and assigned hot cues at the start, where the build starts, where the drop is. A,B,C etc.

So u set three cue points didn't think about that...just space them out every 16 or something maybe .....good shout

i just scroll the tune through to where i want to set a cue point and the just hold the jog wheel, press cue, then hold down the memory button after to retain the cue point on the pendrive. You can also do it in recordbox.

I tend to cue my 16 before the drop, but it changes tune for tune - i'll usually have a couple per tune

I got the 850's and I'm not sure if I can do that on the decks but will give it a shot...it's very time consuming to set these things up but I guess if u do it as you go maybe not that bad.

I set them for sixteen but sometimes it moves it back 22 seconds and sometimes it's 44 seconds...what is the time stamp for a 16 to you? I always hear it different from people.a sixteen is 44 seconds to me. Also I find most breaks are 44 seconds in a tune so this is forcing me to mix right at the break which is the hardest mix imo so maybe I should set them back to 24 bars...not sure

Last edited:
I do mine like this, gotta have that cheeky one 11secs before the drop ya know!

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 17.11.25.png

I do mine like this, gotta have that cheeky one 11secs before the drop ya know!

View attachment 6712

mang that 11 sec one is too fast for an old head like me. I cant eq fast enough for that haha.....or do u just use that for teasers? I got all my likwid set up and I have to admit I played them last night and I was straight bossing that shit.

Russ I see you have them set at the beginning of the traks too. I tried to set a couple of these up as well for some of the tunes that don't start right on beat and when I go to the decks it will not let m ejump to the cue for some reason almost like anything under a second it doesn't register on the 850's. You get that with any of yours?

Tone if you see this I would recommend using these if you haven't started already. The best thing so far has been for tunes that start fucked up or that don't drop on 16 24 or 32's as now they all line up with the drop and the tunes that start fucked up now have places that I can easily mix from.

Russ I see you have them set at the beginning of the traks too. I tried to set a couple of these up as well for some of the tunes that don't start right on beat and when I go to the decks it will not let m ejump to the cue for some reason almost like anything under a second it doesn't register on the 850's. You get that with any of yours?

Yeah a similar thing used to happen with my 800s when setting the cue points live so I guess you've just gotta have the first one just a tiny but late or something. Doesnt happen on the 900 nexus doe

you'll probably find the ones that dont work, the cue point might actually be before 0 secs thats why it goes weird.

Back
Top Bottom