Cubase.

P

Platzen500

Hello! Does anyone here been using a Cubase? How does it works? Is it more efficient to use than any other production tool?

I used to use it, probly the best audio engine available, having said that, i switched to Ableton Live a couple of years ago and have never looked back, i do sumtimes miss the warmth of the Cubase engine, but not massivly, abletons audio engine is superb, and I havent put a huge amount of effort into tweeking Abletons render options, it has allot, and i recon its possible to get pretty close to cubase's warmth, even if not, a good mastering engineer is essential at the end of the day (although obv thats not sumthing to worry about at the moment). Anyways, Cubase is awsome, however its not 'future proof' imo, simply because it lacks elements like Live performance tools, which are pretty much essential for todays fast moving EDM scene, and although it has excellent routing, you cant beat the all-in-one feature set of ableton live suite for creative possibilities (synths and Fx are FAT), if you have cubase already, then use it, its fantastic, but if you havent decieded yet, check out ableton aswell

i use and have used cubase for many many years. I would say if u have the choice go for ableton. the only reason i havent made the switch yet is
1. cos im lazy and cant be assed to learn a whole new software
2. cos im stubborn and my best mate has been trying to convince me to switch for a year and i refuse to hahaha.
3. i think the functions themselves are alot easier in ableton, the one major being pitchbend on a midi track, u cannot do this via parameter automation in cubase. yet in ableton u can not only do this with midi but also with audio.

Who am i kidding i reckon within the next few months i would have started the process of moving to ableton.

So in summary, cubase is wicked and has done me good for a very long time. but if ur looking at a beginner setup then id defo go with ableton live.

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

why do i get the feeling that the op is a bot and both me and miszt have fallen for the same trap lol!

haha Mosiquito repellant and Korg ad's in the same bot, they get weirder all the time. ah well, any oppertunity to babble about how awsome ableton is eh :D

Haha, freek mate, stu told me hes been trying to convert you! He managed to convert me! I was worried about learning a new DAW but seriously, its so easy to pick up and learn! Ableton is the future!!!

check this shizzle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHlOiy-ZlDk

i know 'live' sets in dnb are frowned on by a small majority of turntable fanatics, but the potential of Ableton is fuking AWSOME, esp combined with APC controller, i spent the last 6-7 years djing, had allot of fun, but this shit is just toooo much, experimented a bit in my trance/tech days, but just spent the last 3 months putting together a full live in ableton, remixing on the fly, fusing diffrent tracks together in all sorts of interesting ways that go way beyond 2 turntables and a few eq knobs....argh i culd rave about it all day haha :D

after using FL, Ableton, Reason and Logic over the past few years i've always ended up going back to Cubase. It all depends how you want to work really. in fairness there all just as good as each other. I liked ableton because i could make music 'live' and have a bit more fun with it but for me, i prefer to sit down with a coffee and work on a track ;)

Back
Top Bottom