cubase

dnbsoldier87

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Anyone know where to find a FREE demo/limited trial of this software? im considering the switch from fruity, dont want an illegal copy, and would like to know if it is worth spending £200 if its that much better than fruity, but the cheeky cunts at steinberg expect you to pay £25 to get your hands on their "FREE" 30 day trial... wat a load of bollocks. If anyone knows of a way i can pickup a demo/trial version of cubase (even an older version, as im guessing they have similar features/ways of working) id greatly appreciate it. imo they dont have alot of business sense, if they were to actualy let people trial their software for nothing, to get an idea of how it works and if they want to buy it... and if its as good as they claim then im sure lots of people would end up buying it after a free trial. But I for one am being steered away from it.
safe

iv tried that one, its a 64bit installation, gets halfway through then says this is not for your operating system, then stops. Well pissing me off now lol. Safe for reply tho mate

got any mates with cubase? i used to have a demo which was for older sytems but i switched to mac like 3 years ago and got rid of it..

hmm im leaning that way, i heard lots of good stuff about cubase, meant to be more versatile, and better sound quality of the end product. But not sure how true this is until i try it out, i wana see for myself. Probs will stick with fruity in the end, unless i can get hold of a demo of cubase to try out.

better sound quality (allegedly)

that's bollocks. the rest of the statements are painfully true; the fruity guys rather piss off their customers than listen to them and cubase is more versatile in terms of midi routing imo. but try reaper man, does the same as cubase, the developers are cool guys, the demo is free and long usable, and it costs nothing compared to the huge price tag hanging on a cubase package.

i did say allegedly to avoid such comments, but anyway.
i keep hearing left right an centre that 64 bit reaper sounds somewhat better than 64 bit cubase. cant check it myself, so i just mention it as second hand knowledge.

no worries mate, not having a go at ya. its just that there are a lot of people claiming daws like fruity to be sonically inferior to others like cubase and logic, an assumption mainly based on the daw's ease of use and 'toyish' look. don't believe those idiots, thats all. ;)

Cubase looks confusing when have been using fruity before but trust me, it's worth you time, cubase is the shit. It took me two days to learn the basics, and I'm probably a slower learner than most of you so think about it.

have used cubase for 7 years now and will never look back for my sequencing and arranging. i do tend to put the mix down through protools for live recording and mastering tho. would definately reccommend cubase tho mate. shame about the "free" demo tho.

Back
Top Bottom