cubase wondering

Discussion in 'Production' started by DJFactors, Sep 28, 2010.

1. DJFactors

DJFactors New Member

Hey guys hope this si in the right section but i was wondering if anyone could tell me 2 things

1 how to have it so that something like a low pass filter is on for a certain part of my song and then off at another

2 how to adjust the frequency dial automatically throughout the song?

2. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

1. This done with Automation, search that on Youtube.
    2. Again, Automation.

3. H*product

H*product Heavyweight product

press the "w" and "R" buttons on the track you want to automate then perform the movements you want. then turn the "W" button off. (they stand for read and write)

4. mini_molko

mini_molko Member

This.

Although, you can also access the parameters of track through the little drop down menu (Usually where it says 'Volume'), this should bring up a list of adjustable parameters that relate to the functions of your VST (Select 'More Parameters' if you can't find the one you're looking for).
    Once you've found the right one, make sure you have the green 'R' button turned on and this should enable to put in the parameters manually (The parameters are indicated by the line that should have come up underneath your track when you accessed the dropdown menu).
    This is pretty straight forward with audio effects on an audio channel, as the parameters are all included on the same audio track, but if you want to change the parameters of a VST you're using on a MIDI track, you'll have to go to the VST's seperate channel and access the parameters for it there, not on the actual MIDI channel.

Hope that's not too confusing, haven't used Cubase in a while, but think that's right!