Cubase users?

Yukon

Yukon
Long story short I'm thinking of making the switch to cubase
Is there anyone who uses or used cubase and can vouch for it or tell me why its not worth it.
Btw the switch is from FL -> Cubase

I've also looked into live which didnt appeal to me and logic also, which appealed to me but I don't own a mac and dont intend on buying one :)

ta

Nobody can tell you why you should switch DAWs. Different people prefer different things, you have to decide what works for you.

My opinion - Cubase is expensive and your tunes won't sound any better using it instead of FL Studio. Better off spending the money on something like Komplete 9.

Can you explain why you are considering Cubase? Can it do stuff that you can't do in FL Studio?

I use FL Studio as my main DAW, but before it I tried Ableton Live and Reason. Fl Studio, FOR ME, was the one that was more easy to mess with. So, I'm sticking with it.

I was always into my metal music originally which is where I first started recording/mixing/producing etc, this dropped me straight into using Cubase over other DAW's just because of what I was using it for, I recently made the switch into (attempting) to produce Eletronic music. I originally struggled and really wanted to blame the difficulty of using Cubase but as I'm getting more into it and learning my way around it it really does display some traits that make me think its quite powerful, but even then I imagine this situation is particular to each person and really, its each to their own.

I think the point I'm trying to make is really it would be better to use what your used to using, I considered dropping into another DAW but I'm happy I didn't now and your productivities going to be higher if you allready know you way around the DAW as long as it isn't restricting you with its capabilities!

(what a shitty first post ey)

Cubase user here :).

I can't vouch for everyone, but I absolutely love cubase. The way you can edit audio is great!
Best I can say is just get a usb key from steinberg and try the trial. (Needs a hardware dongle to run, which can be considered a downside, unless you get the elements version which is VERY restricting, can't sidechain compress things for instance as far as I can tell.)

Could also look at ableton, it's very easy to just mess around in it, like FL is.

I made the switch from fl to cubase about 3 years ago now. I swapped for the wrong reason though. I bought into the whole 'fl is an inferior DAW' and 'its an amateurs software' - with I now see to be untrue!

However, I think the swap was helpful for me personally because I was going through a stale patch and the new DAW sparked my interest in producing once more.

At the end of the day it's up to you. I would recommend cubase, but then again I'm biased - I'm sure live users would recommend live, reason users recommend reason and so on.. If I were you I would just download the DAW and have a little play and see if you like it - try it before you buy it (if you intend to buy it that is!)

Can you explain why you are considering Cubase? Can it do stuff that you can't do in FL Studio?
I made the switch from fl to cubase about 3 years ago now. I swapped for the wrong reason though. I bought into the whole 'fl is an inferior DAW' and 'its an amateurs software' - with I now see to be untrue!
It's not a factor of improving my productions, I'm not one of those 14 y/o children who has a cry on a forum about how shit FL is because they fail to realize that sytrus is great for FM synthesis and Harmor is an extremely powerful plugin and think you need massive+camel phat to make 'good' music lol. I can honestly say that I've never had an issue with FL and never saw it as 'limiting my production' as we all know the DAW doesnt make the music, the producer does. I just feel like a change, something new, gnomesane?
I'll def look into the trial version at first though :) btw I forgot to mention its not a sure change, that is if end up not liking it.

I made the switch from FL to Ableton and it was the best thing I ever done. However, before moving on to Live, I toyed around with Cubase for a while, and I'll be honest, if you are going from FL to Cubase you are gonna be in for a whole heap of disappointment! (personal opinion only of course, not digging at the DAW) I found the whole layout and workflow really odd, and difficult to get to grips with. What would usually take 2 minutes for me in FL took about an hour in Cubase! I stuck with it to give it the benefit of the doubt but just couldn't get on with it. Shortly after was when I switched to Ableton........the rest is history!

That made me laugh fletch, I have severe issues with the way FL does things and Cubase is what clicked for me and I can do everything very fast :p.

Back
Top Bottom