Cubase synth foxglove help?

Discussion in 'Production' started by Syn, May 19, 2015.

1. Syn

Syn Aka Barrier

Hi all newbie here,

Last night i spend some time trying to come up with a baseline with the plug in synth foxglove.

After a bit i managed to get a nice sound that i like, the only issue is that it seems to change tone/pitch by it self.

I have it in a simple riff on a 2 bar loop, and it changes pitch infrequently. It seems to have a life of its own change subtly up or down a pitch.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I've tried taking the effects off it & it still does it

[​IMG]

2. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

Why not just bounce it to audio and start resampling ? That way there's no chance of it changing randomly.

3. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

is it actual pitch that's changing or timbre/tone? Does it start clashing with other tuned things?

4. Syn

Syn Aka Barrier

@smoothassilk it's more the tone of the sample, it will clash as it just changes when ever it pleases.

@MisterApe Sorry for sounding a total production noob, but to you mean export it the import it again?

5. smoothassilk

You have quite a lot of different envelopes+ LFOs assigned to assigned to the pitch of the oscillator... get rid of them.

6. Syn

Syn Aka Barrier

@smoothassilk I tried getting rid of the pitch oscillators, but that totally changes the sound, it seems to get it's low frequency's from them.

7. smoothassilk

This would be a lot easier with some audio... could you post the original patch and an altered with the envelopes and LFOs not assigned to the pitch so we can hear the problem?