Cubase Installation question.

yobi

Yes it is bad but I have been using a cracked copy of cubase for ages. But its too unstable. I am planning to buy the full version Cubase 6 very soon. I have heard there could be a problem installing it because I had a cracked version on my computer before, even if I totally uninstalled it and deleted all the files.

Does anyone know if this is true? I just trid to ask the support team in steinberg website but no luck.

...and that kids, is why you shouldn't use cracked software :teeth:

Nah you should be fine, if you do have any problems installing, use something like Revo uninstaller to delete all related files / registry keys and try again

Or manually take the registry keys out.

/\ This. Clean it the best you can as to prevent any possible conflict down the road in terms of processing/redundant files, etc. Kudos to you for going forward and actually purchasing the software.

However, I hope I misread your post and that you didn't openly admit to having a cracked version of their software on theirforum/website while posting a question to their support... :cops:

Cheers.

Try uninstalling everything cubase related like everyone has said and see how the legit one works when you put it on. You may be wise to reformat with a fresh OS install while your changing over,then your good to go, nice fresh start...... depends If you can get away with copying the vst folder back in without having to run the installers again for some plug ins, in which case you may as well wipe your HD/reinstall OS

How do I 'reformat with a fresh OS install while your changing over'. Bear with me, Im not very good at this. Im using Windows 7 I have no Windows 7 installation disks.

Last edited:
How do I 'reformat with a fresh OS install while your changing over'. Bear with me, Im not very good at this. Im using Windows 7 I have no Windows 7 installation disks.

All good. First things first, you're going to need to get those installation disks. If you plan on upgrading your RAM above 3GB, you'll need to purchase the 64bit version, which I believe comes with every version of Windows 7 except "Home Edition."

Once you've gotten the install disks, place them in your CD Drive and restart your computer. By default, it should boot from your CD Drive first, so this will initialize your installation. You'll be prompted to either Repair or Install Windows (Choose repair) and you'll be asked if you wish to format your hard disk, and you'll agree to this as well.

Keep in mind, formatting will delete everything from your hard drive, so make sure to back up anything you want to save prior to running this operation.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom