cubase-hmmm

Discussion in 'Production' started by vickvega, Aug 30, 2008.

1. vickvega

vickvega Mr. Blonde

so ive been thinking of converting to cubase
    ive been an avid abelton rewire reason user for a bit now and recently have gotten mi hands on cubase3
    anyone give me some shots on if its worth the switch- learn a new program or stick with wot i know
    does cubase really make that big of a diffrence audio quality wise
    cause i can use all mi vst's in abelton
    any help is much appreciated

2. chazzyB

chazzyB New Member

well you can use vst's and reason with abelton right so its all as good as it gets anyway, the only reason i'm going to learn cubase soon is so i can get using some vst's, i'm gunna start with it when i have got my memory sorted on my comp :D

3. Nutek

Nutek movement junglist

oops lol, that comment was from me, was at my mates house and made him account, i swear i was logged on though :lol:

4. filtersweeperVC

filtersweeperVC filtersweeper

I like cubase. It takes a little to figure out. Like a couple of days for me before I could even hear any sound! It was painful, but now it is sweet! I watched a whole bunch of youtube videos to explain how to set the basics up: audio busses, syncing your midi equipment etc... That was the main problem. If you decide, PM me if you have questions.

5. mini_molko

mini_molko Member

I was using Ableton for a while, 'til my laptop was nicked, now I use Cubase and I think I prefer it, I'm still learning how to use it though, so it's ahrd to say wetehr one is better than the other... One thing about Ableton was that it crashed a lot and I lost a lot of work, but so far so good with Cubase.

6. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

if my laptop got nicked id probably turn emo...got so much stuff on here..i really should get an external hdd