Cubase Help!!!!!!

MC_Andy.T.

Hi people

I have just upgraded to version 5 of cubase. Im just starting to play around with the vst instruments. I do need a complete system reinstall anyway so it may be just my system but where I am using 1 midi channel using one of the instruments, if I go on another channel and try to set up a different instrument it changes all of them.

Is there a way around this or is this normal?

Also, unless I am using one of the vst instuments I don't get any midi sound at all ( This I think is just the fact my system is cloged up with crap and needs a reformat and start again). I'm using a sonic vortex 2 for a sound card (nothing special) which on earlyer versions of cubase has been fine. If anyone knows this problem and a way around let me know.

man cubase seems to be giving everyone grief.
First: reinstall your system.
Second: see if it works or not.
If it doesnt work: go logic nuendo or sx.

or if youre feeling lazy jump directly to step 3.

my processor had to have a conflict with cubase. So i cant use it. But i really want to.ill try nuendo one of these days. or maybe sx?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply,,I managed to suss why I could only select 1 vst instrument and it turns out it was just me being blind and dumb :oops: .

With the midi I still don't get any sound unless I route it through a vst instument but Im sure this is just a system conflict and a reinstall should sort it.

Apart from that its all happy, happy, joy, joy :)

Nice 1

Back
Top Bottom