cubase help

tone090

Bare back rider!
VIP Junglist
does anyone have or know any very basic cuebase tutorials as ive been through some on here and im still unsure on how to start even on the basics.

Forums like this are great for asking specific questions, like HH said if there's something you're having trouble with, ask away there's a bunch of people on here that use Cubase who'll be happy to help out.

If you need a more general intro, Dance tech have a 3 parter "beginners guide to cubase"

http://www.dancetech.com/article.cfm?threadid=160&lang=0

It's not the best in the world but it'll give you a good kickstart.

SteinbergUsers also have some smaller vids on specific techniques:

http://www.steinbergusers.com/cubase/cubase_vguides.php

And read the manual, ofc :twisted:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, everything I linked is for SX3, but if you're using 4, its very similar, you'll work it out.

Last edited:
if your unsure on how to start on the basics when you have a 2 page tutorial OF THE BASICS then i dont think audio production is for you. lol sorry m8 no offence

i think some peeps have probs with Cubase right at the start probably cuz they've hardly got any vst instruments / effects, its best to get some simple bits together, although you already have a couple that come with the program (a1 etc)

at the end of the day the very basics aren't rocket science - theres loooooooooooads of info on the internet especially nowadays (not like when i first started out and i had to teach myself everything with no one to help out lol), try google for starters, plus all the various dnb producer forums (there's atleast 4 really big production forums for dnb specifically online and loads more smaller ones)

also check u tube out, lots of tutorials on there :D

Last edited:
it was just loading samples etc but ive figured it out! just a quick question thou ive got a sub kick sample and it fits into half of the 1 box in the timeline and evertime i try and put the same sample next to it, it leaves half a gap if that makes any sense. cheers for the replys!

it was just loading samples etc but ive figured it out! just a quick question thou ive got a sub kick sample and it fits into half of the 1 box in the timeline and evertime i try and put the same sample next to it, it leaves half a gap if that makes any sense. cheers for the replys!
I think I know what your problem is. Go to the top of your screen where it says 1/8 or 1/16 etc.. (its a blue box second from the right)
then go one box over to where it says "bar" or "beat" and select "quantize" This way the cursor automatically clicks on 1/8th notes breaks points. This will allow you to slide the kick over more without leaving a gap. If this is not enough, then change 1/8 to 1/16 and do the same thing. Slide it over until it sounds proper. By changing between 1/8 to 1/16 etc it gives you more fine tuneability. I hope this works.
[image]http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp346/filtersweeper/studiopicture.jpg[image]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom