Crystal Fighters - Love Alight (Culture Shock Remix)

He played at least 2 new (to me) tunes on Friday at fabric. Also dropped City Lights, can't see this one not coming out.. He's just taking his time.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, think the Crystal Fighters was his last one. Nice tune indeed

Last edited:
Nothing with Culture Shock is guaranteed.

I'll laugh when he releases Raindrops b/w previously unheard ID

I just assumed that labels get remix deals with other labels when their artists are preparing to release stuff. Usually correlates but that is true about Culture Shock

I just assumed that labels get remix deals with other labels when their artists are preparing to release stuff. Usually correlates but that is true about Culture Shock

I wonder how it works with big labels though. Does someone at MTA contact someone at RAM and say like, "we'd like culture shock to remix this track", or is it more like, "we'd like a RAM remix of this track" and then they give it to someone who is like you said, preparing to release stuff?

Or is it more like for instance, culture shock heard say, chase and status play this track 6 months ago and say, "I think I could do a killer remix of this track," and that got the process going?

I wonder how it works with big labels though. Does someone at MTA contact someone at RAM and say like, "we'd like culture shock to remix this track", or is it more like, "we'd like a RAM remix of this track" and then they give it to someone who is like you said, preparing to release stuff?

Or is it more like for instance, culture shock heard say, chase and status play this track 6 months ago and say, "I think I could do a killer remix of this track," and that got the process going?

Yes it can happen both ways. To ask for a RAM remix is a bit pointless, since not all artist have the same RAM sound if there is one.

Yes it can happen both ways. To ask for a RAM remix is a bit pointless, since not all artist have the same RAM sound if there is one.

Yeye I guess. Though do you think like, a massive label such as Ultra ever just asks RAM for a drum and bass remix of a track, if you know what I mean?

Labels ask the artist / artist manager direct, not the label they're signed to.

Last edited:
Oh my God I just realised I misread that completely!! I thought he said they all had the same RAM sound. Jesus Menosance I'm sorry for saying that haha!

A lot of planning must go into it because sometimes we hear remixes months before the original, and the release of remixes almost always coincides with a release by the remix artist

Back
Top Bottom