Crystal Clear Strength In Numbers EP

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
Out today on promo ---
http://www.playazstore.co.uk/product.php?productid=16587
--------------------------------------
Crystal Clear has been smashing up dancefloors for some time now, and here his debut EP for Frontline is no exception to that rule. The 'Strength In Numbers' EP comprises four tracks each with the power to stop an elephant in its tracks.

First up is the awesome vocal-led 'Itzalot'. Featuring Cabbie on the production and Stapleton on the vocals, it's a quirky stab at fun filled D&B but with a serious bass-fuelled edge. No wonder Mistajam made it his 'Jam Hot' record of the week!

Next up Crystal Clear enlists Zen's help to craft 'The Man With No Name', a grinding slice of chest-pounding D&B that'll knock you off your feet if you try to resist its charms. Echoed vocal samples and a cheeky riff make this one a killer.

Cabbie pops up again on 'Side Salad', a track that grabs you by the balls and doesn't let go. Cheeky brass snippets and clattering breakbeats mingle with warping bass and ever-present sub-low frequencies.

To finish things off Crystal Clear remixes Netsky's 'Come Back Home', a previous release on Ganja offshoot Liq-weed Ganja. Turning the original on its head, Crystal Clear retains all the twinkling musical sheen but adds a filthy reece and a rudeboy attitude.
---------------------------------------------------

come back home is clearly a dancefloor smasher but the res of the eps not up too much. i'll wait for the digital download.

Bagged.

Like every track on this especially Come Back remix, its the original turned up to 11.

Last edited:
Bit of a let down, but still not a bad release, just not gritty enough for my liking!

^^ THIS.

liking itzalot, got a nice bouncy flow to it, come back home remix is good too, butthe other 2 dont reali do much for me. was expecting this EP to be much bigger. oh well only a month 0r 2 til taxman's EP, cant wait for sub zero's aswelll!

got my copy and disappointed with itzalot (main reason i bought the album). its got the vocals all over. ruins the tune imo. wonder if they are gona bring out jus the dub

big fan of crystal clear but after the jaydan ep, grow your wings, an the forthcoming sub zero & taxman eps, this is very weak imo, tbh i don'[t like 1 track on there, the zen collab is ok, nothing special tho

Back
Top Bottom