Crypticz - Tribal Percussionist (Work in Progress)

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Hey there yet again dnbforum,

I have something else new, I suffered with writers block for ages a while back but now I am getting stuff out left right and centre which I am pretty chuffed with! :)

Again though, mix is everywhere, focus on the idea of the tune for now. Also, dunno if you heard my track from a few days back called Spicy Dip? Reckon that Spicy Dip and Tribal Percussionist would make a good release when they are done? :P

Jordan

sup dude

i like this one as well, it's quite stripped down (kinda reminds me of Shackleton), maybe there could be a lil more atmospherics?
like with that atmos bit that loops, it sounds like its panned to the right, woulda preferred it in my left monitor as well :P

and a surprise bit would be cool, not sure what exactly (maybe just switch up the vibe in the middle or something for 32 bars)

but yeah i think it'd make a cool B side to Spicy Dip, they are def in a similar vein

Thanks for the helpful reply man :) I haven't actually looked at panning yet so cheers for pointing that out! Obviously something weird going on that I'm not aware of

Cheers for the other comments, I will try add a switch up or something in there, maybe give the Sub a bit of variation of something :D

The idea of the tune is cool as. Reverb sounds nice, a little bit of panning wouldn't hurt. That atmos high drone is a bit plain, could evolve a bit more. Like tho

This aint my usual cup of tea but perhaps I was in the right mood right now for something like this, cuz I enjoyed it actually :D
I would go a bit easier with the distortion on the hats tho. It seams like the distortion also gives some kind of low freq noise as well! and like neddez said - a surprise wouldn't hurt just something that raises the eyebrows a bit here and there ^^

Thanks for the comments man :)

Regarding the hats they are likely clipping so that could explain the distortion. And as for the low sound I ain't EQed em yet! Cheers though, I will take some extra care with them when I get to mixdown :D

Back
Top Bottom