Crypticz - Departure EP Preview

You've gone into a genre of music where I cant really make constructive comments on, as I dont really know what it should sound like. What I am noticing tho is that in almost every one of those tracks, your kicks just dont seem to have any depth behind them, they are sounding pretty weak to me. But thats my taste I guess, I like a kick that pumps your chest when it hits! The last track was by far the best of the bunch for me.

again i agree with kronix, funky genre you got going but there something about your kick. too clicky not enough low end. try the vengeance soft kick pack on the house section. layer and add a transient shaper with hi release and hi attack plus eq to shape a nice "oomph" kick

cheers

have to agree with fletch to a degree, I don't think these kicks need to pound, but they could use more meat/substance...and the kick in the 3rd tune is VERY clicky. last tune sounds pretty hot though, and the mixdowns sound good overall.

I love the bit retro style of sound selection.

Very warm, truly.
Not really helpful my advice on production way to speak for this kind of music, but really enjoyed this colection of retro "analog" vibes.

Nice one!

Thanks for all the comments!

Glad some of you are feeling the vibe :) This style isn't for everyone it seems :lol: If anyone is interested in the music that does inspire me to make this stuff check out artists like Ikonika, XXXY, SBTRKT, etc.

And I will try get my kicks pounding in the future ;D

YES YES YES! You nailed it mate, if you aint got this on a record label, send me the 2nd and 4th song, i'd listen them every day awwww yea!
Check out "Infinite Machine" (record label), i'd try n get this shit signed ;)

I love this kind of music <3 I would suggest a bit more bass in the first tune tho.. the 2nd is definely the best. Big ups mate, keep it up!

Respect chaps! Glad you dig it

btw i dont have real good speakers I admit, but I know now why I wanted to hear more bass.. The first note of the 'drop' in the 4th song, is hardly audible. Nevertheless I do not recall my statement, I loveeeee sub, so a bit more wouldn't hurt, in my opinion. It's well produced tho, don't start to get doubts mate, just keep coming with those rollers :D

ahhh no doubts at all buddy! I respect what everyone has to say :) I was just genuinely interested as I don't have monitors myself so its always awesome to get feedback from people using different sound systems and speakers etc.

Cheers man! Its looking like this is about to get signed so I will keep you up to date if any of you are interested in copping a copy! ;) Of course I doubt it will be out until next year

Hey guys,

Confirmed to be released early next year on Good Street Records :)

I will get feedbacking some of your new tunes on here tomorrow! I don't float around this forum enough anymore

Back
Top Bottom