Criticise this

you dont need mastering mate its the mixdown you need to be working on
you shud only want to be mastering a tune once youve got it sounding the best you can

na man if i was u i wouldnt worry about mastering for a while just get info on mixdowns an shit

updated, spent all night on this, added a bit more variation and tweaked about with the levels a little more. Still have no idea how this is sounding on a proper system, i made the whole thing listening back to it on a pair of shitty ipod earphones, so let me know how it's sounding, and let me know if you can hear/feel the sub bass.

But yeah, criticise at will, as long as you actually tell me what you're criticising and why...how else am i supposed to improve?

like the old skool sounding reeses bass noise,

yeah mix down needs work. what i usually do is get the bass and drums sounding as big and good together as i can, then work everything around them, starting with lead synths/ samples etc. get the levels right against the drums and the bass and eq to make sure theyre not getting in the way of the frequencies. might not be how everyone does it but it might help.

and as for mastering, it is something that is done AFTER a track has been mixed down ie finished and made as good as possible within the DAW then someone with lots of practice, lots of very expensive equipment, very good ears and a perfectly treated room (obviously all of that can vary but thats the idea) will tweak your finished track to squeeze extra life out of it.

like the old skool sounding reeses bass noise,

yeah mix down needs work. what i usually do is get the bass and drums sounding as big and good together as i can, then work everything around them, starting with lead synths/ samples etc. get the levels right against the drums and the bass and eq to make sure theyre not getting in the way of the frequencies. might not be how everyone does it but it might help.

and as for mastering, it is something that is done AFTER a track has been mixed down ie finished and made as good as possible within the DAW then someone with lots of practice, lots of very expensive equipment, very good ears and a perfectly treated room (obviously all of that can vary but thats the idea) will tweak your finished track to squeeze extra life out of it.

cheers mate, yeah i know it needs a proper mixdown, sent it off to a mate with a bit more experience and better hifi (blew up my amp last week...smoke and everything, so no speakers for me) to see what he can do with it, but he's a lazier stoner than me so i ain't gettin my hopes up.

easy way to start a mixdown is to bring all the levels on ur mixer down then bring the drums up till they sound right then bass etc until it all sits well

easy way to start a mixdown is to bring all the levels on ur mixer down then bring the drums up till they sound right then bass etc until it all sits well

pretty much what i did, sounded alright until i rendered it into WAV.

i dont use fl so cant really give u any tips how to mixdown well in that can only give general ideas etc
shud go thru youtube finding tuts an shit also have a look thru the prod section here there loads of shit on mixdown an that

i dont use fl so cant really give u any tips how to mixdown well in that can only give general ideas etc
shud go thru youtube finding tuts an shit also have a look thru the prod section here there loads of shit on mixdown an that

as i say, it's probably gonna have to wait until i can get a decent pair of cans, will leave it for a week or two and come back to it with a fresh set of ears.

Back
Top Bottom