[CRIT061] Sabre, Stray & Halogenix - Oblique/St. Clair

finally one up for the vinyl dj...i got my copy saturday morning before i even woke up :bone:

Got it on Friday then had to carry it 200 miles home and back to Leeds today before I can even mix it. Forced family listening on my dad's record player.

I might see if they'll do an exchange though and swap it for Led Astray.

Gotta say, I have rinsed St. Clair today, and it will continue, production is ridiculously sick, that little breakdown 2 minutes in is sick, the funky bassline is sick, the vocal clips are sick, the percussion and little melodic stabs are sick. Just my kind of funk.

Don't let anyone remix Oblique

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

actually Indigo could do a decent one I reckon

is the full release out on vinyl or just promo? says promo on chemical records hence why im confused. thansk guys

Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of stuff are you all mixing with Oblique, its so gentle almost anything is sounding too hard with it! Marcus Intalex - Steady works nicely and is in key, but its one of those tracks that unless the mix sounds amazing, its no good.

ye, you've gotta really pick your selection or just let it roll, and is it just me or is there an extra 8 bars after the first drop before the breakdown?

What sort of stuff are you all mixing with Oblique, its so gentle almost anything is sounding too hard with it! Marcus Intalex - Steady works nicely and is in key, but its one of those tracks that unless the mix sounds amazing, its no good.

Hmm, I have tried to let it drop and then bring in Behind Time with that nice little intro, sounds very good, but it just feels like that the massive bass line og BT overpowers Oblique a little. I think I will use Oblique as an ender.

St. Clair, on the other hand, is a lot more fun to mix, also because it is drums all the way through. Sounds great with Last Chance Saloon actually, the mids of LCS and bass and triple from Oblique.

Mix it with Underprint. Same drum patterns rocks the mix, lower the hell out of Underprint's mids and gain a little bit over the 12 o'clock for Oblique = perfection. As for the St. Clair's, I have a few nasty blends with this one, coming up on my second installment of Echoes of the Past, the Present & the Future, which is currently in the progress of making :teeth:

Mix it with Underprint. Same drum patterns rocks the mix, lower the hell out of Underprint's mids and gain a little bit over the 12 o'clock for Oblique = perfection. As for the St. Clair's, I have a few nasty blends with this one, coming up on my second installment of Echoes of the Past, the Present & the Future, which is currently in the progress of making :teeth:

I have actually dropped Underprint with St. Clair, didn't ocurre to me to try with Oblique. Might have to give it a go :teeth:

ye ive tried behind time in a few different places with oblique. be myself works aswell u can just pick up the percussion on oblique and the rhythms dont conflict. Might have to try some medschool esque tunes

Found Columbia works quite well if you bring it in slowly and don't make the drop too overpowering. Still, definitely looking for more.

St Claire however is amazingly good fun to play. The Truth with it is full on war.

Oblique is on eof the first tunes to send a shiver down my spine in a long time. absolute beauty! st.clair is also banging!

Back
Top Bottom