Crispy Liquids - Deeper Than Words

Crispy Liquids

Hello dear people!

I've just found my way to dnbforum.com through a comment on a tune of mine,
so I thought I'd point you guys to my latest tune in return :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YCDE0E4q0k

Very open to criticism. I am currently using FL Studio 9, the stabby lead synth is homebrewn and was made with Harmless, one of Imageline's latest subtractive synths.

I have to go now, I'll check the rest of the forum later ;)

Cheers!

learn to mix your tracks down , you have ALOT of muddy noise , your sounds clash
once youve mixed it down it would be easier for us to define each layer within your track.

what's with the reverb and the phasing in the drums? it's original but... you're getting rid of all the catchyness of the tune, the groove!
Can't really tell about the mixdown nor the elements since I just woke up :teeth:
I think that apart from the drums it's all ok ;)

Thanks for the comments! I started working on another mixdown yesterday or something, but I stopped because it wasn't getting any better at all.
Really helpful recommendation Neomind about the phasing on the drums, in fact I was aiming to have a very slight phasing going on on the highhats,
I still want that, but phasing on allthe drums, even slightly, throughout the track is probably indeed a bad idea! (the drums are a few layers of sliced up beats)

So I will investigate, and turn back to the forums with a better track hopefully :)

Thanks a lot for your time and effort to listen and comment :)

Sounds like its got alot of potential....but also needs alot of work! The muddyness of the drums is just awful, and the phasing and reverb that accompanies that muddyness is horrible. Nice synth and pad work, liking the piano too, but you realy need to focus on those drums, and your mixdown.

Back
Top Bottom