Credit card cloning

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by The_Jungledon, Jul 31, 2008.

1. The_Jungledon

The_Jungledon www.FreelanceJunglist.com

Has this happened to any of you, i had a phone call from my credit card company asking me if i'd spent £285 on this £150 on that, ETC ETC, had i transferred any money using western union.

You get the picture, i got cloned even though i hadn't used my card in over 4 months cause i was paying the bastard off. Was down to 150 to pay off and some cunt goes and spends over £1,000 in a few days.

Thing is i wish i had used it as the dude from fraud said check your statement out, anything you didn't spend will be written off.

Very annoying and no fuckin clue how they did it.

CUNTS.

2. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

My mum and dad have had there cards cloned twice.

One time they got a call from the bank askign if we had brought loads of mobiles from carphone warehouse elctricals from certain places spent like 300 pound.

And not long after teh 9/11 attacks my mum and dad got a phoen call saying did you spend £2000 on plane tiockets from heathrow?

Cunts. Would be so pissed off if it happened to me

3. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

do u have to pay it? or is there some kind of insurance for problems like this?

4. DJNitrousUK

DJNitrousUK Active Member

What cunts, we feel for ya mate

5. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

used to happen alot in high wycombe , there was an asain gang who moved from birmingham and worked nights in petrol garages across there area ,.. they had a extra card swipe that they used to go over that registered your info ,.. blah blah ... then they used email the numbers to someoe in birmingham who used to then some how get hold of blank cards and they used to make them up and use or sell ... massive operation , only reason it got found out is they did it to an off duty policeman who had been in the country 6 months and on his statement his 1st transaction was at this petrol garage , investergaters were put in and bingo
    the gang was rumbled ... unsure of the figure of damamge they done , millions .... fupping arseholes ... sorry to here about that bro .. but glad its getting sorted :D

6. The_Jungledon

Don't have to pay it back as they spotted irregular spending and just said ignore it. Nice one.
    It's just too easy to lose all your shit nowadays. You just never think it would happen to you, im so fuckin careful anyway, everything gets shredded and that, and with me not using it for 4 months has got me thinking wtf do you have to do to protect yourself from these twats nowadays.

7. Nutek

Nutek movement junglist

sorry to hear man

8. The_Jungledon

Just too easy nowadays, think you need to bubble wrap your whole fucking life just to exist and get on. Bullshit at the end of the day man.

9. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

they r twats, it can happen any were, say if u went in a resturant and pay on ya card, when they take your card form your table and swipe it threw there PDQ machine so you can make a payment and then swipe it threw another which will then send all the data from your card to a computer or a print out. then they but buy or rob fake cards and continue forge your details (mostly code) onto the metalic stripe.

they dont even have to clone cards when they wanna order over the net they just need the numbers...

this is why when you order over the net now it has to be sent to you billing address on your 1st order so u can nab them if they try.

its a sad state of affairs, jus make sure you watch when the cunts r swipin...

it was all on panorama ages ago

10. Snowgirl

Snowgirl Member

Thats shitty, I had that done a while ago, someone watched my pin and they cloned my card and emptied my bank account over two days (there wasn't much in there, to be honest they really picked the wrong person!). I got it all back though within 2 weeks, are they sending you the forms and stuff?

11. duffer

They do it through cash machines aswell. put a skimming device in the machine and catches yoru card details and they put tiny camera in to watch your pin as you enter it. Thats why i be careful when putting my card in. One of the cash machines by us was tampered with. CUNTS!

12. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

honestly what you need to do is change ALL of your information. A CC clowning is ussually the beggining of identity theft....fuckers, once they have what seems to be a legit CC. they then go open new CC's with places like DELL, APPLE, BOSE...anyplace that offers credit

13. The_Jungledon

Innit, might even go as far to change name by deed poll.

New names on a postcard please. :D

14. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

You get much money?

How about "Greg P"?

15. duffer

ill sort this out. Just send me your bank details in a PM and it will all be fine! trust me.......... :lol:

16. shadowdemon1990

shadowdemon1990 Original Nuttah

The problem is it is so easy to do, all you need is a card reader/writer a card like swipe cards (like top up cards etc). You wack the card reader on to a cash point (some people make a whole new cover for the front of the cash point) it will save all your details as soon as your card is entered, Some of the automatically save your pin aswell others they have a tiny lil camera. once its been left on a cash point for a day they fuck of home swipe the top up card or whatever to clear all the shit of it, then put your details from the card reader onto the card !! and they know your pin aswell so you are now fucked !!!
    Quite good how they figure shit like this out, just iritating how easy it is to do u can buy all the stuff you need legally on the net :mrpanic:

17. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

rule number one in personal finance is never get a credit card!

A concept where someone pays so you can have an item sooner and then you have to pay them back but just with 20% interest on top doesn't appeal to me & sums up how impatient we all are, lacking in foresight...

proves even more that we now have a classless society, there is only the consumer & the vendor left

Thatcher's fault! :chainsaw:

18. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

I work for Abbey..... i see this shit every day man..... trust it is sooo common at the moment. One guy had his credit card cloned...... used it here in the UK and 2 min later had a purchase in Canada..... then about 30min after that another purchase in Thailand and the US....... its crazy shit man......

Dont worry.... you will get all your money back..... so dont fret...... not so bad when its a credit card..... but if you ever get your bank account card cloned then thats a real bitch!!!.... all your money gone and you have no money for a few weeks while they investigate it........

19. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

its not what you buy.... then plus 20%....... devide the interest rate by 12...... say 12% interest for arguements sake........ devide by 12...... makes 1% per month....... so....... if you bought something....... and you pay it off at the end of the month its only 1% interest....... NOTHING!!!...... its just when you cant pay it off immediatly...... then it becomes a bad thing to do.....