Creating Synth Leads

Zoot

Dark Drum&Bass
Hey guys, I thought I would pop on here and ask some advice and tips from more seasoned professionals.

Problem is, I have been making Dark Drum and Bass now for 6 months and all was fine, I was always a big listener of D&B and also Dark Dubstep. *I am not a happy angelic Music producer at all lol* I used to be able to create great Synth Leads to go over top off my basslines, but lately I find it hard to create convincing leads, when to drop a certain note/chord and how many to have in a certain phrase - I know breaking up chords so that three maybe four play then drop out for a bar or two sounds darker and forboding. My question though is can anyone give me some adive on creating convincing synth leads?

I dont know I just find my whole Creativity being dragged down due to this problem so I would really appreciate and be really thankful for any helpful advice!!

Thanks you guys!!
Zoot.

I mainly, mostly work on Dark Drum and bass I used to be good at the synth leads until recently. But I am thinking of something along the lines of Subfocus's XRAY the little lead in that, only a sort of darker sound!! If that makes any sense!!

I seem to be fine with creating synth leads but when I lay it in the sequencer with the bass and drums it never seems to sound too convincing!!

Last edited:
Xray was made with massive using a few saw waves detuned. I suggest that, then highpass and flanger, chorus and such. It's a bit old school.

also, get out vanguard, look at some presets, you could learn something.

Back
Top Bottom