creating a stable laptop for use with traktor/serato

a stable laptop is called a macbook :teeth:

Pete, send us over some of that free money and ill get the macbook!!!!

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

sick and tired of torq?

doesnt support 3 decks! isnt stable,, bugged to the eyelids.. sound for at home but wouldnt play out with it

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Welcome to the family, do yourself a favour, don't get Traktor lol

http://serato.com/articles/scratchlive/1927/computer-optimization-guide-for-digital-djs

cheers mango.. not gonna argue serato it is then

having used both Traktor and Serato on a Windows Laptop, and both being as unstable as a Drunked 40 stoner with one leg, unless your going to get a Macbook , I would stick with a Tower rather than alaptop as the USB power supply can be a bit erratic on a laptop as opposed to a Tower , which caused me to have drop -outs and freezes. My tower is half the power of my laptop and runs serato all day and night without a glitch.

having used both Traktor and Serato on a Windows Laptop, and both being as unstable as a Drunked 40 stoner with one leg, unless your going to get a Macbook , I would stick with a Tower rather than alaptop as the USB power supply can be a bit erratic on a laptop as opposed to a Tower , which caused me to have drop -outs and freezes. My tower is half the power of my laptop and runs serato all day and night without a glitch.

ya dont be taking ya desktop to a club haha

i'd stick with torq if i didnt want to play out with it!

cheers tho :)

A dedicated laptop is the only way to go imo but then i'm a geek when it comes to stuff like this! Still not using Traktor out yet anyways, just use it to find mixes then burn a couple of CDs.. No need to over spec the laptop tho, best check the requirements and then go over a little bit for safety. HTH

I have a HP Pavilion dv5-1004nr. It's a refrub, paid about $500 for it. I use Traktor Scratch Duo.

Specs:

AMD Turion X2 Ultra 2.1 ghz
4 gigs of DDR2
Windows 7 64bit

Windows Experience Index
Processor 4.9
Ram 5.9
Desktop Aero Performance 4.1
3D Gaming 5.2
Disk data transfer 5.1

I run Traktor with Aero on and sometimes even have Yahoo Messenger open in the background. The only hiccups I've ever had were because the virus scan was running or I forgot to change the power options from Battery Saver back to High Performance. I only use it for basic playback of MP3s though, no effects, no key correction, maybe the occasional looping.. it's just a pain utilizing those features without a midi controller. So you don't need the latest and greatest to get good, reliable playback. if it's a dedicated machine for Djing you could get away with something fairly inexpensive. I think this machine could handle the usage of the bells and whistles if I needed it to and I still have lots of things I could disable to get better performance out of it (disabling Aero, killing other background tasks, reloading it with XP, etc.) I would recommend installing a fresh copy of an OS, don't use the one from the factory, they load all kinds of bullshit on it you don't need.

Back
Top Bottom