create a slow gradual riser

Krispy

VIP Junglist
Im trying to create a slow, gradual riser for about 8 bars. Anyone got any advice on how to do this?

I have some rising fx samples but I want to try to create my own

crank up the resonance on a filter, and just sweep it. usually it doesnt even have a signal passed through it, the self oscillation should give a nice tone to start with. afterwards, feel free to play about with various effects until you get it sounding how you want. (y)

think about "noise" think about lowpassing and bandpassing it (also highpassing but just if you wanna go hard)
the tricky part here is to double UP the volume when the song comes in.
For having a real good drop, it's gotta be so damn low in the mix so that everything else becomes unexpectedly high in volume and impressive to ears beacuse of the volume difference.
Sound can't exist without silence.

think about "noise" think about lowpassing and bandpassing it (also highpassing but just if you wanna go hard)
the tricky part here is to double UP the volume when the song comes in.
For having a real good drop, it's gotta be so damn low in the mix so that everything else becomes unexpectedly high in volume and impressive to ears beacuse of the volume difference.
Sound can't exist without silence.

You reckon pink noise is best for it? I forgot if that is the one that has all freq. and all.

Got that shit on hardware :P

exactly, generate noise is cooledit and go bonkers with sweeps and timestreck etc. me and hans once automated every single parameter in the oddysse vsti and got some great movement in a riser sound

^ Dude pretty much all your posts have the most terrible grammar its ridiculous, do you do it on purpose? Its just been buggin me for ages ;)

Assign pitch to an envelope with a long attack, maybe assign that with the cutoff off to the same envelope as well if you like.
Then you can have your custom riser rinsing for however long you like.

Assign pitch to an envelope with a long attack, maybe assign that with the cutoff off to the same envelope as well if you like.
Then you can have your custom riser rinsing for however long you like.

This makes alot of sense, ive been kind of doing it this way mostly

Ive also found using a filter works good, or simply starting to repeat the same note faster and faster and faster while increasing volume or pitch

Most times I just crossfade loop a pad or a long synth sound and automate the pitch LFO/ filter freq/ volume LFO /whatever.

But then again you need that extra something:

Load up a basic synth pad preset that suits your tune. Then assign an LFO filter to it, do not sync to beat but keep it slow. Also set the synth on monophonic and set the glide/portamento time to about 2 sec or what ever. Now you start laying notes down across the 8 bars, over 2 or so octaves, rising the whole time. Make them overlap so that the glide keeps moving the note up all the time. If you set your notes correctly, mainly the starting note and finishing note you'll get a nice rising synth sound. To make it even more anticipative, automate the filter lfo speed to go up during the 8 bars. That's a classic effect.

Back
Top Bottom