crazy jungle beats & snare rolls

Snare rolls, if i think i know what you mean, i just achieve by selecting a snare sample, then changing the note in the piano roll i.e c5,c6,c7... consecutively. So it rolls up or down, Sorry if its a shit explanation lol.

Cheers, i can actually do the snare rolls no problem. I should rephrase what i want.

Basically i love the completely chopped up amens of some old jungle tunes, and i want to be able to do this, i've sampledmy amen in fruity slicer now im not sure how to chop and change it about if you get me?

Cheers, i can actually do the snare rolls no problem. I should rephrase what i want.

Basically i love the completely chopped up amens of some old jungle tunes, and i want to be able to do this, i've sampledmy amen in fruity slicer now im not sure how to chop and change it about if you get me?

make sure each hit is sliced...kick, hi hat, snare, shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, kick, snare, hi hat into individual hits.
then open the piano roll and move em about lol.
Sorry but im not very good at explainin things

or a much easier way is to import the amen into the fruity pattern section of the playlist.
Click on the menu arrow on the sample and select chop. Chop into beats. Then shuffle around the new beat sized chunks. Mix up different amens, or whatever. You can also clone the sample and reverse the clone. Chop that up and you have reverse hits to play with too. I use this method and get some pretty cool beats from doing so.
Hope this helps. I use fruity.
If you listen to this track i did called REFLECTION. I used this method on this track.
www.myspace.com/fratanized
good luck matey

(for jungle beats)What I do is make a 2 step and fuck around with it as much as I can. I do a light loop under that's ripped from something too, it makes your beat on top of it sound better! :D)

But yeah, you can always use control U in the pianoroll to help

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom