Cracked Software

rare1982

Hi

There may be a thread about this already but i can't be fucked to look.

I will admit that I did use cracked software in the beginning but after a few years I brought the legal stuff.

Basically does anyone think that cracked software sounds different or worse then legal software. TBH i hear no massive difference but opinions vary. Just wondering if there's anything differnet in the code?? :andy:

i actually think that this is a topic worth mentioning.
firstly, nice one for going legal, and dont feel ashamed for using cracks to begin with. most professionals have taken the exact same route.
now, bypassing a program's security features usually does not affect its sound. or at least that was the case up until recently. with simpler challenge/response systems the sound is exactly the same, be that legit or pirated version. but with newer security features, like iLok and PACE, the developers have implemented safeguards as to affect the sound if the software isnt properly registered. For example, some Eiosis plug ins were recently released by a japanese team. ive been drooling over their transient designer and vocoder for such a long time that i fell into my old sinful ways, and installed them on my machine. well let me tell you, the sound was awful, and i was thinking "what the hell, thats supposed to cost £300 and it sounds like a dying goose.." so i got rid of it, and fell somewhat smarter that i saved my money. until i heard some examples from a chap that purchased the plugs legally. They sounded wonderful, and i was so gob smacked that i asked him to put some samples of mine through his transient designer, and use the same settings as i did. When i got them back, the difference was just too much. The crack has blatantly a much worse sound.
moral of the story ? cracks arent worth it. yes, you have some gems, like H2O's SX3 which many claimed that it worked better than the legit version, but overall cracks are more of a hassle. And its not only the worse sound quality that its the issue. most cracks are compromising the system's stability with dodgy codes and malware. imagine installing a seemingly innocent EQ, just to have a registry error, and be forced to re install everything, losing all your work in the process.
fuck that.
ive said it many times before, and im starting to sound like a broken record, but here goes once more: these are great times for computer musicians. there's tons of free and very cheap software that sound great and are able to deliver professional results, as long as you spend enough time practising with them. theres just no need to use cracks anymore, and anyone who claims otherwise has spent more time reading producers Q & As, rather than making music.

also when you buy software your more likely to bum it off more since you spent your hard earned money on it. i plan on buying legal copys of reason 4 and live lite as soon as i have the money.

I pirate a bunch, but for different reasons. Its just to have fun with it really, look around maybe find something good.

Otherwise, you cant go wrong with hardware! Just go to your local guitarcenter so something and look around for hours. Plus, hardware can be really cheap too, used most old gear is a steal!

Say hardware one more time and ima curl one out on your chest while you sleep ffs.

(y)
icon19.gif

say a college uses a cracked version of logic, they've still gotta buy 20 iMacs to run it on just a mention

the fact is a lot of legit places i.e Colleges use cracked software all the time just a mention

a colege that runs cracked software is a very bad one, and once its found outit will be poor as well. and trust me, they will be found. however relaxed developers are with the public using cracks of their product, they are absolutely militant with any organisations, and will pick their bones clean. and rightly so. cheap ass wankers, using cracks and calling yourself and educational facility, pah.
icon9.gif

a colege that runs cracked software is a very bad one, and once its found outit will be poor as well. and trust me, they will be found. however relaxed developers are with the public using cracks of their product, they are absolutely militant with any organisations, and will pick their bones clean. and rightly so. cheap ass wankers, using cracks and calling yourself and educational facility, pah.
icon9.gif

:word:

You're not helping these production software companies man, if not even producers are buying the software then who is gunna?

I used to download cracked software and i used to just use it for its presets then move on to the next thing.
If you pay for software you work harder to get more out of it.
If you download something for free you dont appreciate it, same with music.

You're not helping these production software companies man, if not even producers are buying the software then who is gunna?

I used to download cracked software and i used to just use it for its presets then move on to the next thing.

:word:

Truth.

We're bloody lucky there's companies who deem it worthwhile to develop software for producers.

You wanna try and convince them it's a waste of time?
Go ahead, download some cracks.

Back
Top Bottom