CPU load maxin out! help!

Patchie-C

orate youth!
VIP Junglist
Im runnin nuendo 2 along side reason 2.5 on pc with pentium 4 1gig of ram and 120 gig hard drive and an extra 80 gig hard drive for audio.
The problem is when i run the korg legacy collection, wether it be the whole cell or just the ms20 or another component on its own my cpu level goes right up and everything goes super slow! and it really pisses me off.
what can i do to stop this? Ive heard talk of a dsp card that takes the load of your vst's off the cpu. can anyone tell me more about this or reccomend anything else i can do/ buy to stop everythin freezin up on me!

i use a software wich i can say it's very efective in those cases.
Tune Up utilities it has feature Mem Optimizer.with it you can free physical memory by moving unneeded programs to the paging file.you can also set the free memory space you want.
but this it's just one feature of it...

Bounce stuff, make sure you got nothing running in the background, strip down windows graphics.

DSP cards will offer support for certain plugins, so that may help. TC powercore looks quite good.

Also Nuendo has a lot of unnecessary functions that may be taking up CPU. Maybe if you used cubase it'd lighten the load

Vinnie Vendetta said:
i use a software wich i can say it's very efective in those cases.
Tune Up utilities it has feature Mem Optimizer.with it you can free physical memory by moving unneeded programs to the paging file.you can also set the free memory space you want.
but this it's just one feature of it...

cool, ill try and get a copy.

Serum said:
Bounce stuff, make sure you got nothing running in the background, strip down windows graphics.

DSP cards will offer support for certain plugins, so that may help. TC powercore looks quite good.

Also Nuendo has a lot of unnecessary functions that may be taking up CPU. Maybe if you used cubase it'd lighten the load

i do bounce stuff but i need to automate some of the controlls on the cell before i bounce it and its freezing before i get the chance, even if thats the only track i got in the arrange page everything goes super slow!

FUCK! didnt realise how expensive those dsp doofers were, they look good tho, i still dont really know owt about em so ill have to look into em.

i like the multiband compressors and the other shit nuendo2 has that sx didnt, i have only used the first sx tho so maybe 2 or 3 has all the features of nuendo 2? do you realise how much i paid for nuendo! lol......

max respect for ya suggestions anyway geezaz!

Back
Top Bottom