CPR - May Promo Mix

first few mixes were cool, laid back, smooth and clean. (y)

04. Code 3 - What You Saying? [Critical] - bit cluttered at a point but still a nice mix
05. Cymatic - Hypnotic State [Shadybrain] - yeah ok
06. Skeptical Ft. Fokus - Structure [Dispatch] - nice mix, catch 22 with this track i find, u want the mid quite high so the vocal pokes through but this can makes the drums a bit overpowering for the blend u want. the vocal was a lil quiet but nothing to fret about.
07. Heavy1 - Xiphactinus [Demand] - not my fav mix so far but its not bad, just not blinding imo. was nicely eq'd to bring out the best of it.
08. Hybris - Elusive 101 [BLKND] - would like to hear how it would have sounded with the bass eq the other way around.
09. Skeptical & Dub Phizix - The Enemy [Dispatch] - yeah cool! absolutely love this track!
10. War - The Sun (Kessla Remix) [Dub] - really liked this! nice and clean blend man.
>> Villem - Red Matter [Utopia] - cool!
11. Spinline & Hydro - Blindfolded [Dispatch] - love this tune. doesn't get dropped enough imo. nicely mixed too! great transition
12. Enei - One Chance [Critical] - like the way u brought it in. bit too much mid i think tho, took alot away from blindfolded. nice lil switch when one chance's drum cut out. think u brought blindfolded back in 1 snare too early, not sure if that was on purpose or not. sounded good but would have been smoother to bring back on the next kick.
13. Hybris - The Guy [Renegade Hardware] - liked it until the guy dropped, i would have done a 2 maybe 3 sec fade out on one chance when the guy dropped to keep that swoosh from one chance. if that even makes sense.
14. Icicle - I feel You [Shogun] - yeah wicked! didn't think the drums were gonna sit right, but no, this was a cool mix man!
15. Optiv & BTK - Inception [Renegade Hardware] - yeah not bad
16. Untitled - Untitled [Dub] - good mix

wicked mix man, i really enojoyed it! clean blends, ace selection! whats not to like!
if u do any more with this sort of vibe, let me know man.

the overall sound was a bit quiet i thought, listening on soundcloud i had it up full volume but still wanted a bit more.

Thanks man, really appreciate the indept feedback alot, can actually work from this! yes well you can see from the mix that Equing is the aspect that needs alot more concentration/Practise. and as for the blindfolded > one chance drum cut, the early snare was on purpose but it is one of the moments that makes me cringe wen i re listen, dunno what i was thinking.
but yea, much respect man (y)

This is a wicked mix mate, the first 10 mins worked really nicely i thought started of nice and chilled and got a bit darker as a the mix progressed. Loads of tunes I'm unfamiliar with as I've only sort of scratched the surface with this sub-genre recently, absolutely love it though. Loads of tunes I will be bagging on the back of this mix so yeh thanks man. Look forward to the next one.

This is a wicked mix mate, the first 10 mins worked really nicely i thought started of nice and chilled and got a bit darker as a the mix progressed. Loads of tunes I'm unfamiliar with as I've only sort of scratched the surface with this sub-genre recently, absolutely love it though. Loads of tunes I will be bagging on the back of this mix so yeh thanks man. Look forward to the next one.

thanks dude (y)
glad to know you liked it, love this sub genre imo doesnt get enough respect.
but yea cheers again for listening .

Some solid beats in this mix man, fucking sick and deep!

Love the tune that says "blade of a guillotine" or something, can't tell by the track name though.

The Guy >>> I Feel U was sick, probs my fave mix!

All in all, pretty tight man. Look forward to your next one :)

missed this!.

pon the dl. tune selection looks large, looking forward to hearing what the blends are like.

(y)

nice one fella, hope you enjoy (y)

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Some solid beats in this mix man, fucking sick and deep!

Love the tune that says "blade of a guillotine" or something, can't tell by the track name though.

The Guy >>> I Feel U was sick, probs my fave mix!

All in all, pretty tight man. Look forward to your next one :)

cheers man, glad u liked it.
the track ur on about is Skeptical Ft. Fokus - Structure, was on transit one cd and limited vinyl backing ant tc1 - Mode destruction.
thanks again.

Hey man, listened to this on the train the other night.

Your beat matching is tight, proper rolling little mix. Maybe a tad bit too rolling in places, but that's more of a preference thing than an ability thing. So all in all, good stuff.

Hey man, listened to this on the train the other night.

Your beat matching is tight, proper rolling little mix. Maybe a tad bit too rolling in places, but that's more of a preference thing than an ability thing. So all in all, good stuff.

thnakyou fine sir, thanks for listening (y)

Looks very good mate, good to see a mix with not just the same old minimal tunes getting dropped (not in the sense of the sub-genre but the tunes!) that code 3 tune is so big, as is that Villem tune too! will have a listen when I get the chance!

Last edited:
really feeling this mix, very nice selection and some great tracks i've not heard before. Beatmatching was spot on and transitions were smooth. The Sun >> Red Matter > Blindfolded liked this section, will be bagging blindfolded for sure. also The Guy > I feel you was wicked. Overall it was really good mix, bigups

really feeling this mix, very nice selection and some great tracks i've not heard before. Beatmatching was spot on and transitions were smooth. The Sun >> Red Matter > Blindfolded liked this section, will be bagging blindfolded for sure. also The Guy > I feel you was wicked. Overall it was really good mix, bigups

thanks alot man, really appreciate the feedback, and glad you liked it (y)
cheers.

Back
Top Bottom